Monday, March 21, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 3/21/16
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”  (Psalm 56:3)  Some people scream or gasp when they’re frightened.  Some cross themselves.  Others reach out to hug someone.  A child will grab the hand of a parent.  Joan Baez sang, “Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea.”  By that, she meant what the psalmist meant…“When I’m scared, I put my trust in the Lord.”  During life’s scary times, God’s hand is reaching out for yours.  Take it!    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  "LET THE LORD HAVE HIS WAY, In your life every day, There’s no peace, There’s no joy Until the Lord has His way.  Place your life in His hands, Rest secure in His plan, Let the Lord, let the Lord have His way" (An old chorus of days gone by but resurrected once again in times such as this and others of discomfort, finding consolation and trust.)====JACK:  For me, it's both a comfort and a challenge to pray, "Thy will be done."====REV:  ...I'm sure those early disciples experienced the same with Jesus at the helm of their lives...====JACK:  We are sometimes like them during life's storms..."Master, why are you sleeping?"

FROM INDY GENIE:   I haven't thought about that song in a long time! Take a look at yourself and you can see each other differently."...Or is it ...take a look at yourself and you can LOOK at others differently? (Either way, it's thought provoking.====JACK:  Yes, not only does God comfort us, but by taking our hand he also leads us in the right direction.

FROM KANSAN DON:  Good message for Trump.  Americans!  Put your trust in me.  I will build walls, handle Putin, Moslems, etc.====JACK:  Trump is reaching out a segment of fearful people who are "comforted" by his message.  Not all fearful people turn to the Prince of Peace.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  What's this fixation on fear these days?====JACK:  I fear that you are right.  I must have watched too many of the political debates.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Yes, that is what we do; These are certainly scary political times, for Christians...As writer Rebecca West said in an associated press interview, "If the whole human race lay in one grave, the epitaph on its headstone might well be, "It seemed a good idea at the time"... Where in the world are we headed ? God only knows!   So we trust. The Chicago Chorale's rendition of Rachmaninoff's All night vigil, "Vespers" fed my soul over the weekend! Music is indeed the universal language!====JACK:   Music soothes the soul.  Perhaps that why some people whistle as they pass a cemetery.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Veggie Tales has a song called God is Bigger than the Boogieman".  I sing that a lot to the kids when they are afraid.


No comments: