Thursday, March 17, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 3/17/16
“May the hand of God protect us.  May the word of God direct us.”  (St. Patrick)  When my cousin was ordained as a Catholic priest I remember seeing people come up to him and ask for a blessing.  That seemed strange to me, as a non-Catholic.  Times change.  A few years ago someone asked me for a blessing, and I offered a prayer for God’s favor and protection for that person.  It didn’t seem strange at all.  I’m pleased to offer a blessing to you today.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  “May the hand of God protect me.  May the word of God direct me!?" ====JACK:  As the song goes... "The Lord bless you and keep you;  The Lord make His face to shine upon you  To shine upon you and be gracious  And be gracious unto you."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Thank you for the blessing!  I will pass it to Kimberly.  We will be leaving shortly for the hospital.  Are you wearing orange today?====JACK:  Orange or green?  I'm thankful for the brokered peace in Ireland...where Christians can live together, without regard to color.  May God bless you both during your hospital visit.====JUDY:  She's out and doing well. The tests were all good.  God is good.  Thanks for the prayers!  Blessings!====JACK:  Fannie Crosby wrote, "Can I doubt his tender mercy, who through life has been my guide?"

FROM CEO JM:  Thank you Mr. Freed. I enjoy the “take aways” that I receive from your winning words.  Happy St. Patrick’s Day…..enjoy your day.====JACK:  To hear from you adds to the blessing of this day.  Are there any special things planned at "the Center" today?

FROM HONEST JOHN:  And, I feel blessed.   Thank you.====JACK:  The hymn calls it "a foretaste of glory divine."

FROM VW MARY:  Thank you for that.  It makes my day.====JACK:  As I read today's responses, I have cause to see that my Winning Words are MORE than words.

FROM CB OUT WEST:  Thanks, Jack!  You are a blessing to many who are inspired by your Winning Words!====JACK:  There are some days and years when we need an extra helping of blessing, right?

FROM RR ON THE EASTSIDE:  I will ask for, and accept a blessing from you, any time you are willing to give me one.  I truly enjoy your Winning Words and look forward to them every day. ====JACK:  It was a special blessing when you introduced me to the Polish Yacht Club, and I have passed that blessing on to others.

FROM DM IN MICHIGAN:  Thank you for the blessing!!   I need all that are sent my way. ====JACK:  The Urban Dictionary defines "blessing" as a good and perfect gift from God.  Who wouldn't want that?

FROM KB:  Thank you again and again====JACK:  One "again" is enough, but I'll take all of "the good" that's offered.

FROM JB AT LSTC:  And God bless you, Jack====JACK:  Isn't it fun (and amazing) to count our many blessings?  Thanks for being one.

FROM JR AT EW:  You'd have made a great priest, sorry we didn't get you.  Happy St. Patrick's day,====JACK:  One of these days the Catholic Church will start allowing priests to be married. ====JR: Forgot to thank you for the blessing; we could all use more of them these days!

FROM MY LAWYER:  I will treasure that!!!  Thanks.====JACK:  Where your heart is, there is your treasure also.  I gravitate toward people who "have a heart!"

FROM DM IN LIVMI:  I am so pleased to receive your blessing.====JACK:  The computer is a great invention, but it'll never take the place of face to face contact (for a blessing), but you make do with what you have.  Thanks for your response.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  Thanks for your blessing.  I was just called from the hospital that a mom I support is in labor.  What a great/blessed day to deliver a new baby!====JACK:  I learned this song in Sunday School..."Make me a blessing, make me a blessing,  Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,  Make me a blessing to someone today."  God has made you a blessing to a mom and child today.  Good for you!

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  your whole life has been a blessing to so many others, Jack!   don't ever doubt that...====JACK:  Sunday School was a blessing when I was growing up.  I learned so many songs, like this one:  "Jesus bids us shine with a clear, pure light, like a little candle burning in the night.  In this world of darkness, so let us shine, you in your small corner, and I in mine."  I try to shine in my small corner.  You and many others shine in your corners, too.

FROM DB IN WB:  Irish Blessing..... May the good Saints protect you And Bless you today And may troubles ignore you Each Step of the way====JACK:  There are many great Irish blessings, some serious, and some that are funny.  I opted for the serious today.

FROM DP IN MPLS:  Thank you, I would appreciate a blessing for my son, his wife and daughter are flying to Chennai, India today to visit their other daughter and husband who are teaching in an American School there. Thank you!====JACK:  I will do that, and, in return, will you do the same for my grandson who is flying to Kenya today as part of a medical mission team?  In our lifetime, it has become a smaller world.
 

No comments: