Monday, February 01, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words  2/1/16
“Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there you must first see inside of you.”  (Wally “Famous” Amos)  I’ve read that there’s such a thing as an x-ray mirror.  What if your mirror was like that, enabling you to see your inner self?  Amos is “Famous” for more than his cookies.  He’s authored 9 books having a self-help theme and works with a literacy program helping thousands of adults learn to read.  In his mirror, he saw more than a cookie recipe.  ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  So, you totally deny Socratic thought and end up with no objective reality at all.   Is God God or is God simply who we see thru our mirror?====JACK:  The use of a "mirror" is one way by which I come to know myself.  Thanks for being one of those mirrors.  The one in the bathroom says that I need to comb my hair.  In your mirror, do you see Imago Dei?====JOHN:  In the mirror I often see an old man who wants to live today to the fullest.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  The next time we have breakfast, remind me to to tell you the famous story of Dr. Milton Convinsky...History...at Wayne.  I probably told you already!====JACK:  Do you mean Covensky, the historian, who asks, "Who are the role models for today's children?"  Who are influencing this younger generation?====PAUL:  No...I know who you are talking about:
This one was a star professor at Wayne in the 60-80's on ancient history.

FROM TARMART REV:  Not a bad idea, picking up the crumbs of his cookie table?! A Chocolate Chip cookie day to you, Jack!!====JACK:  The Canaanite woman ate the crumbs that Jesus dropped.  I suppose, too, that there are people who pick up spilled popcorn when they're around you?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  This seems to tie in with a comment I read by the poet Christian Witman: "Human imagination is not simply our means of reaching out to God, but God's means of manifesting Himself to us". We can't "see" what we can't imagine. Certainly we all see the world (and life) through the bias of what's inside of us, and we're all unique individuals! What diversity that brings to life, if we're open to it. Interesting quote to mull over for today, and good to know a bit about "Famous" Amos...I should try his cookies!====JACK:  I'm reminded of this story....A little boy had learned from his mother that "God is in us."  One day, when his stomach began to growl, he said to his mother, "I think that God is trying to talk to me, but I can't understand what he's saying."

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:   I wonder if he would have made a deal on Shark Tank. ====JACK:  Until I Googled it, I always thought that Shark Tank was a show about people swimming with sharks.  My grandson recently did an internship with a venture capital firm.  From what he said, that business can be a sort of Shark Tank.

No comments: