Monday, February 08, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 2/8/16
"Hear no evil.  Speak no evil.  See no evil.”  (Three wise monkeys)  Before I gave it to a grandchild, I had a small sculpture of these monkeys on my desk.  It’s said that the monkey-message had its origin in the Buddhist teaching on “How to live life.”  Sometimes a 4th monkey is added…“Do no evil.”  Today marks the beginning of the Chinese New Year, the Year of the Monkey.  Warning!  It’s a jungle out there, so beware of any monkey business.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  "Monkey see! Monkey do!"  Today, you can refer me by my Chinese name: "Hey You!" "Hey You! Be sure you pay at the counter before you leave the restaurant!?" ====JACK:  My mother used to work at Monkey Wards.====REV:  Mine too, Jack...late on Thursday evenings. We would eat out that might and I would go down the block and play basketball at the YMCA  until she got off work and would pick me up.====JACK:  We'd get a 10% discount on  clothing and shoes.  I bought my bike there...and even a replacement motor of my model A Ford.

FROM GOOD SAM LEE:  This is the first E-Mail I check in the morning to get my day started. ====JACK:  No monkeyshines, today!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i was born in the year of the monkey.====JACK:  That helps explain some things.  You're compatible with the Rat and the Dragon, but not with the Tiger, Snake and Horse.====LIZ:  explains some things, huh? what things... lol.====JACK:  Positive, but I'll let it go at that.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  Jack, I enjoy reading your insights. KEEP IT UP!!====JACK:  I try to hear the good, speak the good and see the good, even in the bad.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  You made me smile; thanks for teaching me about the fourth monkey; quite fitting this day before mardi gras, no?====JACK:  Mardi Gras,in our neck of the woods, is celebrated by eating a pączki (or two).====BB:  Don’t even know what those are and not sure I’m going to make pancakes tomorrow but I just might!  Giving up the butter would be a hard thing for me.  This year, I thought rather than give up coffee – one I’ve done before – I’d turn it into the “3rd sacrament” as we always called it at Lake View.  This year, I’m going to be mindful and prayerful every time I pour a cup.  Perhaps I could extend that to every time I pass a Starbucks!  That would up my prayer quotient a great deal.====JACK:  A pączki is a Polish pastry, sort of like an American bismark (only bigger).  It is very rich and is filled with different jams (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, apple) or with custard or Bavarian creme.  Mmmmmmm.  I'm buying two raspberry ones tomorrow.  For supper, we'll be having waffles.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  I had a little statue and did the same with mine as you did with yours.   thanks for reminder.====JACK:  I'm starting to give away other things, too.  I wonder what that's a sign of?

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Add a fifth monkey... Accept no evil.====JACK:  Sign:  WE ACCEPT NO BULLYING IN THIS SCHOOL.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Yes it's real tough right now for Gary and I as we eat breakfast in the warm Florida sun and take a dip (not skinny) in our pool.  We try to see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil but it's hard in our society.  We definitely try to do no evil.====JACK:  Evel Knievel's real first name is Robert.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  When one of my boys would emulate a brother or friend, and get into trouble, I'd admonish, "Monkey see, monkey do, monkey get in trouble, too!" they still quote that...Dear Abby had a whole list of characteristics for those born in the year of the monkey:witty, intelligent, magnetic personalities, clever in financial matters and career, lively and versatile, gentle and kind! WOW! Not too shabby, eh? BUT they tend to have volatile tempers and be arrogant. Oh well!  Sounds like an "Interesting" year!! :-) As usual, you're on top of such things!====JACK:  Sometimes there's added a sulking monkey..." Have no fun."

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  On that theme,if according to Darwin's theory that as humans we originated from monkeys,how is it that monkeys still exist? mmm..====JACK:  Maybe the evolution has not been completed and is ongoing.  Have you seen Planet of the Apes?  And have you watched the political debates?






No comments: