Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Jack’s Winning words 2/3/16
“If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.”  (Shifu to Po in the movie, Panda 3)  The dialog continues…Po: “I like who I am.”  Shifu: “You don’t even know who you are.”  Are you the adventurous sort, one who likes to try new things, who likes to meet new people?  I remember once being assigned to a ministry project that was not of my choosing.  I didn’t get the switch I asked for.  I finally tried it, and it changed my life.    ;-)  Jack

FROM DR EM:  I took my daughter on Sunday afternoon to see Kung Fu Panda 3 & we both loved the movie! Great message :)====JACK:  Father/daughter moments like that help teach us who we are...for now, and in the future.

FROM TARMART REV:  "...always looking for the pony close by that pile of manure!"====JACK:  Don't be put off by the smell of certain situations.  The bratwurst tastes delicious with sauerkraut!  ====REV:  Good one, Jack...my kind of taste, as well--Bratwursts.====JACK:  You probably don’t like your brats cooked in beer.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  It seems the direction our life takes is due to many influences.  The most satisfying of them are the ones we resisted, but ultimately accepted.  In my teen years I was asked to participate in a high school event, something too uncharacteristic of me to join in.  Yet after some persuasion I agreed to try it, and it clearly redirected my life.  I do believe we get "second chances", so if I had declined that teenage moment of choice, more than likely another opportunity would have come along at another time.  Somebody up there likes us!====JACK:  If we were to sit down and count...there have been many chances to take roads that would have made a difference.  But it's useless to play the woulda, shoulda, coulda game.  Just concentrate on the statement you made ... Somebody likes us.

FROM HCC CL:  I can relate to that it seems it happened often in my life trek.====JACK:  There are some ads that have a way of becoming a part of our language.  One of those was the Alka-Selzer tag line used in 1972..."Try it.  You'll like it."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I've always liked trying new things, most of the time, meeting new people, but am actually a very private person "inside", although I appear outgoing and gregarious! My friends find it hard to believe I was the "quiet twin"! ;-)   I think both teaching, and leading in ministry cause you to stretch beyond yourself, and do things that sometimes amaze you!  But you have to take the challenge ...!  And there  seem to be plenty of them throughout life. As Oscar Wilde once quipped, "I'm not young enough to know everything!" :-)  Here's to doing "more than we can do"...Who Sez??!====JACK:  I find it easy to meet people and to get a conversation going...but what I really like to do is just stand on the sidelines and observe.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  In our family, that's called "stretching your comfort zone".  It's fun but scary.  Grandson Joshua doesn't like to try new foods but he does stretch his comfort zone to try a "mini measure" of whatever is new.  He never thought he would like catfish but he tried and did!     P.S.  I have never tried catfish but don't tell Josh.====JACK:  Pants on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: