Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 1/6/16
“Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.”  (Kurt Vonnegut)  GM’s CEO, says that there are about 30,000 parts in a modern car.  Each part has its function.  The ignition switch is just one.  We’re a combination of parts -- people we’ve met -- experiences we’ve had.  Our type of faith experience can be like the car’s ignition switch.  It may seem like a little thing, but, in reality, it’s the big thing.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV: ...sometimes nowadays I'm in need a jump-start!!====JACK:  "Whisper a prayer in the morning...."  That should get you going.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So true! I wish I had written more things down, as one does forget...When I re-read my travel journals, I remember so much more!  I remember once when I had two little boys, I was embarrassed that a "jammy" handprint had been missed, when I cleaned for my older Bible study group in Elgin, and a grandma told me she had  a similar print in her kitchenette and couldn't bear to wipe it off, as it was such a delightful memory of her grandson's visit. She said, "Cherish the prints, and messes, as they grow up so fast! " Which I tried to do, and which they did!
====JACK:  It's strange.  Most responses remind me of songs.  Yours..."Little things mean a lot," sung by Kitty Kallen.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Oh how we love the little things in life!  The little things are what we remember so well.  The smells of my grandma's house whether she was cooking or my grandpa was experimenting with different plants to make beer (not so nice of a smell), Martha's house in Grayling smelled so wonderful as she baked bread to sell.  And the little things the kids and now the grandkids do to make you laugh and rejoice when they talked and walked and played!  Thousands of wonderful moments in life!====JACK:  Remembering little things...I remember a little ornament that hung on my aunt and uncle's Christmas tree.  It was a wax figure of the comic strip character, Skeezix.  His head had broken off and was glued back on.  He was hung on the tree with a piece of string that was wrapped around his neck.  It's amazing how we can remember little things.====JUDY:  I have the wedding topper if my Great Grandmother and Grandfathers wedding cake.  I have my grandma's and grandpa's too.  My mom used their wedding topper.  It was two Cupie Dolls in wedding garb.  It's a little thing which means so much.  My mother designed a ring with my dad's mother's (Ruby Chappel) diamond, my grandmother (mom's mom) (Mildred Sorenson) diamond, Mildred's sister (Agnes) diamond, my mom (Eileen Chappel) diamond and my diamond.  They are tiny diamonds except for my Aunt Agnes' diamond (she was a jeweler).  It's not worth much but it is my most wonderful possession...so many memories!

No comments: