Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 1/5/16
“When the Grinch discovered the true spirit of ‘Christmas’ his small heart grew 3 sizes that day.”  (Dr Seuss)  Did you know that an act of kindness can have a positive health benefit?  A study has shown that being kind can add to physical well-being…so, smile, give compliments, volunteer, let someone go ahead of you in line, write an unexpected thank you.  If kindness helped Grinch, it can help you and me.  BTW, in your Whoville, how has it worked?    ;-)  Jack

FROM LG:   Good Morning, Good Pastor!  You might want to watch....Glen Campbell - Try A Little Kindness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvswocNN-g8     ====JACK:  Good lyrics!
If you see your brother standing by the road
With a heavy load from the seeds he sowed
And if you see your sister falling by the way
Just stop and say you're goin' the wrong way
You've got to try a little kindness yes show a little kindness
Yes shine your light for everyone to see
And if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets
Don't walk around the down and out lend a helping hand instead of doubt
And the kindness that you show every day will help someone along their way
You've got to try a little kindness...
You've got to try a little kindness...

FROM TARMART REV:  ...does wonders in pleasantries to one's disposition!!====JACK:  Are there some examples of how your kindness shown to shoppers at Target and WalMart is given back to you?====(TO BLOG READERS) Each year an anonymous donor gives money to TARMART REV to distribute to people who he deems to be in need.====REV:  Here is a copy of my report to those who contributed to the Christmas money gift cards....Please find below an accounting of the Christmas distribution you certainly blessed many with. I purposely tried to use the element of surprise, watching carefully for those I thought would genuinely appreciate being thought of in this way. I did have three or four come back in immediately, see me the next day or as one was found messaging me on FB telling me I would never know how much the gift blessed her, A couple responders had tears in the eyes, along with a hug. Thanks again for thinking of others in such a generous way this Christmas season. With five contributing individuals participating, including myself, $3950.00 was distributed in $50, $100 and 2 being $200 increments.====JACK:  Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  I don't know as I am still waiting for you to be nice to me...........................; ====JACK:  Somebody has to try and keep you humble.

FROM DMF IN MINNESOTA:  I like the Grinch show.====JACK:  Grinch came in #5 on a list of the greatest TV cartoon characters.  The preceding 4 are probably favorites of yours, too.  #1 Bugs, #2 Homer, #3 Rocky, #4 Beavis.  

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  My Father told me that it is always “no lose” to be a gentleman.====JACK:  He should know, because he was a gentleman....with a great smile, too.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Kindness never hurt anybody!====JACK:  How about Roberta Flack's song, "Killing me softly?"

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My mom used to say;, "It doesn't cost you a thing, to be kind." We kids kept that in mind, and it does bring positive feelings, both ways! I like how Oprah Winfrey put it, "Be the rainbow in someone's cloud today"...that paints a colorful image,  doesn't it?!  I'm off to church to set up for a funeral luncheon for 110 people. That is a kindness our church provides in time of sadness!  Whoville lives on, I believe...====JACK:  You would do well as an actress in the play, "Things My Mother Taught Me."  In fact, you could probably write your own version.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  One of our favorite kindness acts are to pick up the tab for soldiers or policemen.  Living by Selfridge Air Base, it's easy to do.  What's hard is trying to remain anonymous is some of our little restaurants around here.  Also, it's fun to pick up the tab at Tim Hortons.  I truly believe we enjoy it much more than the receivers. Thee is nothing so satisfying as doing something nice for someone else!====JACK:  Has anyone ever done that for you?  

No comments: