Friday, January 22, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 1/22/16
“When contemplating your final move from the world, remember it’s all about location, location, location!”  (Linda Poindexter)  There’s a real estate saying that “price is nice, but location is better.”  That saying can be applied to the end of life, too.  We can have a great bank account when we die, but how does that compare with where we’ll spend eternity?  I’ve seen a sculpture of Dante’s Inferno, and I’ve read God’s promises.  I’m choosing God.    ;-) Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  good choice!  reminds me of a joke. a man picks up and old Indian woman one day while driving down the highway.  she notices a bottle of wine on the front seat.  the driver tells the woman "I got it for my wife".  the old Indian woman says very dryly, "good trade"! ====JACK:  I wonder what Margaret would get for you?

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I've read Dante's Inferno...not a nice place or ending for some of those folks.    God, I believe, is a little more loving than Dante....nevertheless, God is not to be mocked or taken for granted.====JACK:  I haven't heard any hell-fire and brimstone sermons lately.  I can't remember ever preaching on that subject.  How about you?

FROM MY LAWYER:  Procrastinate as long as you can!  Don't be in a hurry!====JACK:  A lot of people don't realize it, but there's a time clock for life on earth, too.  But there's a problem...the numbers are hidden.  How about if basketball and football games were played with a hidden clock?  Wouldn't that ne interesting?

FROM TARMART REV: Me too!! The best is yet to come!!====JACK:  ...and we're buying it, sight unseen!  Wow!  That is faith.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Dante Inferno was quite daunting.  Thankfully, we don't have to worry about our endings.  However, God is not to be mocked.  He is a Mighty Fortress!====JACK:  Have you ever had to stand before a judge?  It's quite a daunting experience.  Imagine what it must be like to stand before God as judge.  Maybe that describes fear.

No comments: