Monday, January 11, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 1/11/16
“6+3=9, but so does 5+4.  The way you do things is not always the only way.  Respect other people’s way of thinking.”  (Facebook Posting)  Management Consultant Steve Tobak writes, “Learning to adapt is the key to success.”  Whether it be in business, marriage, in how to live in a multi-cultural society…it’s built on adaptation, how to hold on to core beliefs and still accept (and maybe learn from) those that are different.  Remember: “E Pluribus Unum.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  Check out this video on YouTube:  http://youtu.be/LCgzX7vwlFk ====JACK:  Although this wasn't sent as a response to today's Winning Words, the thoughts expressed do seen to relate.  Ch-ch-change is part of life.

FROM TARMART REV:  ... a good instructive word for the beginning of this new week!! Thanks, Jack!!====JACK:   Every day (not just Monday) is a good day when we learn something.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  EXCELLENT!!====JACK:  I remember back in grade school...E (standing for Excellent) was the best grade you could get.  VG (Very Good) was next, followed by G (Good).  P (poor) was like an F.  I got one of those once.

FROM CL:   l like that!====JACK:  So if this were a Facebook posting, you'd click on LIKE?  Somebody suggested that Winning Words should be on FB, but I'm old-fashioned.

FROM YOOPER BOB:  Thanks!   I’m invited to speak at the high school Honor Society on Wednesday.  I plan on inserting this in my presentation.====JACK:   I'm honored!

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  There are millions of ways to reach nine if you think negative. Guess.====JACK:  I was never good at math.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  To each his own as long as there is no harm done.====JACK:  That's true, but I'm still haunted by this Marguerite Wilkinson poem...
“I never cut my neighbor's throat;  My neighbor's gold I never stole;
I never spoiled his house and land;  But God have mercy on my soul!
For I am haunted night and day  By all the deeds I have not done;
O unattempted loveliness!  O costly valor never won!”

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  The key is holding onto core beliefs.====JACK:  Even core beliefs need to be re-examind from time to time, not necessarily to change them, but to make sure that they are relevant to the world in which we find ourselves.====JUDY:  Very true!  It's good to examine our beliefs and make sure we are still on the correct road....the road to Heaven!

No comments: