Thursday, September 03, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 9/3/15
“The mint makes it first; it’s up to you to make it last.”  (Evan Esak)  If I had a vote, I’d choose to let Hamilton stay on the ten dollar bill and replace Jackson with a woman (your choice) on the twenty.  But money is just a way of keeping score.  It’s what we do with our money that’s key.  My first bank was a learning tool…saving is important.  Then, I learned about compound interest.  I recall, too…My first pledge to the church was for $1 a week.    ;-)  Jack

FROM MY LAWYER:  With your last pledge, you went "all in"!  What a ride!!!====JACK:  At that time I was a teenager.  It was a major commitment.  Commitment, for whatever the cause or job, is important for a successful life.

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  I agree ..... Ham stays and Jackson. Goes.====JACK:  Forgetting "agendas," I think that Eleanor would be a worthy choice.  I was fortunate to have lived during the time when she made her mark.

FROM GP:  My grandfather gave me as I was leaving home for the service, a lot of bits of his wisdom.   One I particularly remember was, "Give 10%, save 10% and leave the rest to God.  But always remember, a man can work effectively 8 hours a day, 6 days a week.  But your charity, savings and investments, work 24/7 year 'round. "  Thanx for your words of wisdom.====JACK:  I wonder what our grandchildren will remember about us?  In the midst of affluence, I say to mine, "Always remember the poor."

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  I just read that money is like blood you need it to live, but it's not the point of life.====JACK:  I always thought that "blood money," referred to the 30 pieces of silver that Judas received for betraying Jesus.  Research shows that it also referred to the money that a murderer would pay to his victim's family...and more!  Sadly, there are more than a few people who are willing to spill blood, literally and figuratively, for money.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  when we stop seeing white/black, women/men, filling imaginary quotas & "making up for the past," we truly will have evolved.====JACK:  Even though it was written in another context, this lyric comes to mind...."When will they ever learn?  It's blowin' in the wind."

No comments: