Thursday, September 10, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 9/10/15
“Be the person your dog thinks you are.”  (Lab Rescue) Last week, on Facebook, Kathy posted a video of a dog welcoming a soldier home.  Lots of squealing and wriggling.  The dog even got the “favorite” ball.  It’s always fun to see love in action.  A little girl said to her mother, “I love you.”  Mother replied, “That’s nice.  I’m so tired!  Will you do the dishes for me?”  The girl answered, “I love you, but not in that way.”  Have you seen love in action, lately?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  A quality example, for sure!! 0;-))====JACK:  Christianity Today (8/17/95) has an article: "Is God's Love Unconditional?"  Think about that!  ...and think about our own love for others (even God).  Is it unconditional?====REV:  Very often is, hate having to admit it, as it is disappointing to God . . . thankful for His spirit of grace, realizing my succumbing to my fleshly appetite is disappointing to me as well. 0:-/

FROM KF IN MICHIGAN:  My all-time favorite quote!  I had it printed on a Tshirt! : )====JACK:  Is it the food or the person?

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  Thanks for the smile, “not in that way”.  Love in action is a great phrase….====JACK:  Tough Love can have more than one meaning.  Sometimes "loving" is tough to do.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  LOL!  There is no greater love than a dog for his/her master at feeding time except God's love for us!  Our grandson Ethan, 1 year old, is having eye surgery tomorrow.  How wonderful the love of friends, family and congregations are when prayers are said for health and good healing!====JACK:  I've often quoted John 15:13...."Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."====JUDY:  Every once in awhile you hear of an extraordinary act or heroism or a small act of kindness that astounds everyone.  Today I read of a woman who donated her kidney to a stranger.  When the family heard about it, they in turn also had friends and family who in turn donated kidneys.  In all, 6 ill patients were healed.  God is good!  Thank you for the prayers.  Ethan is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.  He is a true blessing!

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Here's the theme from the MTM show. Think it is very appropriate for today's WW and is my all-time show theme favorite. Hum it a lot.
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all.
====JACK:  I liked that show a lot...and the Bob Newhart Show...and All In the Family.  I miss 'em.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I THINK I MAY HAVE TO ORDER SOME T-SHIRTS WITH THAT SAYING ON IT FOR MY GRANDCHILDREN WHO HAVE DOGS THEY ARE CRAZY ABOUT! SOMEONE ON YOUR BLOG APPARENTLY DID THAT! :-) THE GOOD NEWS IS MY LAKE HOUSE JUST SOLD, SO THAT IS AN ANSWER TO PRAYER, EVEN IF I HAVE NO DOG TO REJOICE WITH ME!  YOUR WORDS REMINDED ME OF THE POEM "I LOVE YOU, MOTHER, SAID LITTLE NELL, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN TONGUE CAN TELL, THEN SHE  RAN OUTSIDE TO PLAY, AND played and played the live-long day' It goes on until the last little guy actually helps his mother with her work, and the question is asked, "Now which child loved his mother?!"   It's a good one for kids....====JACK:  The poem is about 3 children, Little John, Little Nell and Little Fan.  Do you remember which one loved mother the best?

FROM CPA BM:  Yes.  It’s everywhere!  Among many other examples, at home, my wife accommodates my eating habits (not easy).  I see people being dropped off for work, then leaning over or walking around the car to kiss the driver.  My balance isn’t good (I’ve fallen several times), so when my 10 year old grandson is walking with me outside, he often grabs my hand and/or warns me of curbs and uneven ground and asks me if I’m OK.  I’m lucky – I could make a long list. ====JACK:  I asked for some examples of love in action.  You've given me 3 beautiful ones.  You are blessed, and I am, too.  Thanks for sharing a snapshot of your life.

No comments: