Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 2/3/15
“If life is supposed to feel good, what happens when it doesn’t?”  (C.S. Lewis)  Punxsutawney Phil says that there will be (at least) 6 more weeks of winter.  BLAH!  Does this time of the year give you the blahs?  A link suggests 1001 ways to change your mood, and one of those ways is to eat chocolate (it contains tryptophan).  A friend of mine begins each day with exercise, meditation and prayer.  What works for you in changing bad into good?    ;-)  Jack  

FROM ST. PAUL WINTERING IN MESA: move to AZ!   also, is it dark or light chocolate that does the trick?  just wondering...====JACK:  Most of what I've read concludes that dark chocolate is healthier.  I've also read that Arizona is red, red, red, compared to Minnesota's blue, blue, blue. 

FROM MK IN MICHIGAN:  Vodka!  Kidding!  All of the below work for me!!====JACK:  I vote for chocolate (dark or milk) and black Twizzlers.====MK:  Do you have a most favorite chocolate,  I love Sanders.====JACK:  I'm still trying to figure out if the new Sanders has really as good as thne old.  I still like it.  When Sanders still had a sandwich shop in Farmington Hills, I went there with my mother who was in her 80s at the time.  She asked for a senior discount.  The waitress ased for her ID to make sure she qualified.  My mom was proud of that...carded in her 80s.  Have you been offered a senior discount, yet?

FROM TARMART REV:   Meditation, prayer and a Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bar.====JACK:  Hot popcorn with a beer (root) tastes good to me.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  The sun shining almost every day. When we first moved to Florida, the newspaper used to be free if the sun did not shine that day.====JACK:  Do you remember Hickey Bros. in Moline...and their slogan, "Your purchase free if we ever forget to Thank You?"  I never was able to catch them in a slip-up.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  I think this is what I had told you?====JACK:  I know that your faith and keeping fit is very important to you.  ...This just popped into my mind.  I remember that the YMCA incorporated a triangle into its logo.  The sides of the triangle stood for Body, Mind, and Spirit.  I think that the Hi-Y incorporated that into their by-laws.  I belonged to Hi-Y.  Did you? 

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  This arrived on my Blaaaaaaaaah day.====JACK: Eat some chocolate.  Read the Book of Jonah.  I remember in the seminary dining hall, someone would be asked to give devotions at the meal.  I think it was Milton Lundeen who read the Book of Jonah.  Looooong!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  I have a chat w/myself & God.====JACK:  The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet used to sing this song...
 Now let us, Have a little talk with Jesus,
 Let us, tell Him all about our troubles,
 He will, Hear our faintest cry,
 And He will, answer by and by;
 Now when you, Feel a little prayer wheel turning,
 And you, know a little fire is burning.
 You will, Find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Most of the time I say, "Tomorrow will be better" and it usually is...I'm thankful to be blest with a positive disposition!====JACK:  That's better than being like Joe Btfsplk.

No comments: