Friday, February 13, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 2/13/15
“I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.”  (Michael Scott in Fun Run)  Today is Friday, the 13th.  Does that bother you?  Do you ever knock on wood, cross your fingers, wish upon a star, not step on a crack, or when someone sneezes, say….?  I must admit that, at times, I’m “stitious,” just not super about it.  There’s a verse from the Bible that chases away my fear.  “Cast all your cares on the Lord, for he cares about you.”  Friday, the 13th?  So what?   ;-)  Jack

I think of the Seinfeld routine where he said "no one wants strength any more...it has to be super strength."====JACK:  All of this "super" stuff...super-bowl, super-glue, super-man, to me, is super-sillious.

FROM FLYING "K": I'm with you Jack! Enjoy your day.====JACK:  I'm not walking under any ladders. 

FROM TARMART REV:  Mom and Dad were married on a Friday the 13th . . . fared well with them, they had me two years later on a 27th of March, just saying!!====JACK:  They should have given you the Biblical name of Asher, meaning, fortunate, blessed, happy.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Bad things happen all the time, things that we can't control.  A man I worked with years ago put it this way..."Well, it looks like Friday the 13th came on Tuesday this month."  I do knock on wood, but it's when I clumsily bump into a piece of furniture.  I favor the Bible as the ultimate source of my protection.====JACK:  One of my favorite cartoon characters from the past is Joe Btffsplk.  It always seemed to be Friday the 13th for him.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  It's interesting that you ended your message with "so what", because that's the title of a book that I was considering writing & welcome your participation.  The plot is about a tailor who is lost in a nudist camp & is titled "SOW WHAT?"====JACK:  I'd suggest changing the title to, SEW WHAT?  Save SOW WHAT? for a farmer's plot.

FROM GP IN MICHIGAN:  Today, Friday the 13th is my birthday.  My first ever date with A was in October on Friday the 13th.  We had Chinese and went to see Jesus Christ, Super Star.  To this day, we still celebrate October the 13th as an anniversary. Our wedding was on July 2nd and so we celebrate two anniversaries every year.  We continue to have the number 13 linked to many good things.====JACK:  Many people played their "lucky" number hoping to win the Powerball $1/2 billion jackpot.  The buyers had a better chance at being crushed by an asteroid than in winning the pot.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  The good thing about Friday the 13th in Feb. is that it's a reminder to do something special for your loved one the next day.====JACK:  The next Friday, the 13th that occurs before Valentines Day is in 2020.  Be sure to make a note of it!

No comments: