Tuesday, April 08, 2014


Jack’s Winning Words 4/8/14
“If you don’t believe in miracles, perhaps you’ve forgotten that you are one.”  (Karen Salmansohn)  In the doctor’s examining room there’s often a poster showing the various parts of the human body.  Sometime, while you’re waiting, take a look at it and appreciate the miraculous you.  The largest human organ is the skin, and the smallest is the pineal gland.  What other miracles do you see?  We’re amazing, aren’t we?    ;-)  Jack 

FROM WATERFORD JAN:  Others have made this observation before me, and I agree--it is remarkable how practical and convenient our human body is designed.  A place for everything and everything in its place.  How can anyone say we are the result of an accident?====JACK:  Some of the parts are replaceable, such as my knee.  Scientists are now working on a heart replacement.  I wonder if all the parts of the body will be able to be replaced?  I probably won't be around to see it. Oh well.

FROM PH IN MINNESOTA:  there are 26 bones in each foot, 32 joints, and 100 ligaments.  now, that is a kind of miracle!  plh   half the bones in the human body are in the two feet...

FROM CL IN CALIFORNIA:  Diane came down with Malaria in Feb, 8 mos after a mosquito bite in Uganda. Once they diagnosed it (which took too long) the recovery was straightforward. In the process I was amazed for the umpteenth time at the complexity and miracle of the human body, understanding how a microscopic parasite can enter the liver and then red blood cells 8 mos later.
Never could understand how people can view things like this without believing in a God who created it.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Those WW really hit home.  Each of us is a miracle, and we have dormant miracles of new generations inherent in our being.  What miracles do I see?  My eyesight in itself is a miracle.  Furthermore, every day the various components of my body do their job of keeping my body functioning, with no overt directive from me.  Yes, we're amazing.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Interesting to read that the largest human organ is the skin and the smallest is the pineal gland.  It is very visually evident that large people and small people have very different sizes of their skin but it occurs to me that the teeny-tiny little pineal gland might be relatively the same size for a goodly number of large and small people.  We can say we all have a lot in common and are amazing.   

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  Yes. Amazing. I find it amazing that so many parts of the body work together for good to preserve the overall purpose: life. The spleen filters things and can even control platelets in the blood (my most recent health scare).  In a way when operating properly the body’s systems and parts do all they can to serve us. It reminds me of how the body (church) is supposed to work.

FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS:  I think we’ve talked about the film, Millions, no?  If not, please treat yourself and see if you agree with me that it illustrates the Miracle point well.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  The thumbs! They are what make us able to work miracles ourselves.====JACK:  It would be a true miracle if we were all thumbs.
 

No comments: