Thursday, April 03, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 4/3/14
“We don’t get offered crises, they arrive.”  (Elizabeth Janeway)  There’s a game called “Crisis” where the players are presented with situations where they have to make quick decisions.  Life is sometimes like that, only it’s not a game.  You probably know of someone who’s facing a difficult challenge.  There are books on what to do when things fall apart.  I have D.F.T.P. posted by my computer.  Don’t Forget To Pray.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM MK IN MICHIGAN:  Thank you for all your winning words. They truly help me:)====JACK:  When I send out WWs each morning I feel somewhat like the sower in the biblical parable.  I fling out the seed, but I don't know where it will land or where it will take root.  The sower rejoices when some of them take root.

 FROM TARMART REV:  Another good thought to ponder early this morning . . . .I want to try and remember the "DFTP"!! ====JACK:  Background of DFTP....A businessman had those initials carved into the edge of his desk that faced him.  He would see DFTP as he sat and pondered difficult decisions..

 FROM MY LAWYER:  OK, I give up!  What does D.F.T.P. stand for?====JACK:  Don’t Forget To Pray.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  As we age, we see many people facing difficult challenges! But deciding to be happy; never goes out of style...I called on  a dear friend who has been in a nursing home the past 3 years (used to be an alto soloist in my church choir) and when I asked her , "How're you doing today?! Her response was "Great...one day at a time, dear Jesus, and I know nobody wants to hear about all your aches and pains!" She is upbeat, "in spite of",  so it is a Joy to visit. An inspiration, if I should ever be in a like situation!  Your DFTP is a good one!!====JACK:  I read that Hubert Humphrey was that kind of upbeat person when he was in the hospital being treated for the cancer that took his life.  He would go up and down the halls cheering up the patients (and staff).

No comments: