Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 4/24/14
“You should always admire what you cannot understand.”  (Blaise Pascal)  It is said that Pascal knew the Bible by heart and could quote any verse when asked.  How does a mind work like that?  Yesterday’s WWs was erased before I could send it, so I had to find a new one.  Today, the old one came back.  Why?  How?  More puzzling…”Who has known the mind of God?”  What I do know is
this…”God is love.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  What is key is that we don't turn "Love" into the schmaltzy word it has become in this day....====JACK:  Is "love" what the philosophers and theologians say, or is it what the individual experiences?  Or, can it be both, and?  At this point in time, it appears that the schmaltz lovers are winning the battle.  But I'm with you in promoting a "true" understanding of the word.

FROM TARMART REV:  Enjoyed a few of those "God is gracious" moments myself, Jack!! ====JACK:  The word "enjoy" cannot begin to express the feeling when we sense the grace of God.  The Shakers began to shake, and the Quakers began to shake.  For me, it's simply a realization of the power and presence of God.====REV:  Mom used to display a "quivering lip" at such times...most often, mine comes with the biggest and most gracious smile I have at that very moment.====JACK:  Some Biblical persons would remove their sandals, because they believed they were standing in the presence of God.====REV:  Always amazed as well reading about those of old when copying the Scriptures would stop and wash there hands before writing the name of God.====JACK:  Some of my Jewish friends consider the Lord's name to be so holy that must spell it, G-d...too holy to write out.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  Like.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I think it's difficult to ADMIRE  something you cannot understand; Maybe respect it or marvel at it in some cases....Pascal was amazing, I was just reading about him, as a friend's daughter named her baby boy Pascal in honor of him! Can't imagine the mind that could master the entire Bible to memory!!  I see Judy Judy quotes from one of my all time favorite movies, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"...There are few movies I care to see twice or more, but that is one of them.====JACK:  I have no problem with "admire."  It's from the Latin, "to wonder at."  It's interesting to read the bio of Blaise, also.

No comments: