Friday, April 18, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 4/18/14
“I’m really ready for Easter!”  (Seminary Student)  What he really meant was that he was ready for things to change.  He was ready for a break.  The season of Lent has seen enough tragedies…crises…bad news!  I’m ready for some good news.  I need a break.  I’m ready for good music, flowers, alleluias.  I’m ready for Easter!  The Easter event means that the bad can/did/will change to good…really!  Hang on to that hope!    ;-)  Jack  

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL: Once again you made me remember and think a little bit.  I once had a great conversation with an orthodox jewish friend of mine. I asked him why does he go through all of this every Friday night through Saturday? Was it this overwhelming desire to please G'd? His answer to me was very simple. He told me that by observing "Shabbos", he was forced to take a break and clear his mind of all weekly activities. The more he adhered to the rituals, the better the break. That had some clarity for me.====JACK:  "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy," is a command for all believers, Christian and Jewish.  "To keep it holy" is a matter of interpretation.  Our Holy Days give us a chance to rest and reflect.

FROM LP IN PLYMOUTH:  Ready for Easter music? Here is my Easter version of the song "Happy" that I shared with you before. (http://24hoursofhappy.com/). See if you can sing the new version. I'll see if I can record our Sunday School kids signing it!====JACK:  When I tried to play it, the computer called for a new add-on which disabled something that I think I needed.  But God is good, and I think that the problem can be remedied.  Such is life!

FROM JE IN MICHIGAN:  Happy Easter Jack! I'm ready to see my red bud in bloom! God bless you on this Holy Good Friday!====JACK:  Isn't it amazing, how the trees and flowers "know" when we need to see them bloom?  It happens every year.

FROM JB ON THE EASTSIDE:  Great message Jack. Happy Easter.====JACK:  Easter has a special meaning for those who have lost loved ones...a day for thanks and hope and faith.

FROM TARMART REV:  Ready for Easter in Minnesota . . . long and hard winter this year!!  ====JACK:  A hard winter for some in more ways than one.  But given time, and the grace of God, both the snow and the tears will melt.====REV:  Found that to be true over the past years as well.. .sad memorial service at church tomorrow for the family of the young wife and mother...looking forward to Sunday and spring.====JACK:  Those sermons are difficult, but made somewhat easier because it's on the eve of Easter.  Even "Jesus wept" at the death of his friend, Lazarus.

FROM JAYDEE IN MINNESOTA:  SURREXIT!====JACK:  Is that Greek, Hebrew or Swedish?
====JAYDEE:  LATIN---RESPONSE VERE SURREXIT! HAPPY EASTER TO YOU. ====JACK:  What a great Easter greeting.  Hanging out with those "high church" guys paid off for you, didn't it?  "ANCORA IMPARO," as Michelangelo once said.

FROM DOCTOR JUDY:  Saw this last nite on Facebook. It's really beautiful. When I saw your Winning Words this morning, I knew I should send it to you. ENJOY!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=guhr0Vh2hE0
====JACK:  Very Good!  I like the word, Hallelujah.  From the Hebrew, "Praise the Lord!" ====JUDY:  And I love that it was written by Leonard Cohen -- gotta be Jewish. Amazing isn't it?!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  There is something so very special about Resurrection Sunday!  It hales flowers, warmth, baby birds, sunshine and a Risen Lord!  Hallelujah!  He has risen!====JACK:  I like the term, Resurrection Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ready for Easter in Southfield too!!!!!
S.H. in MI