Friday, March 07, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 3/7/14
“Run with perseverance that race that is set before us.”  (Hebrews 12:1,2)  Starting today, the Winter Paralypics will be held in Sochi.  These games, featuring physically challenged people, are held in the same year and place as the Winter Olympics.  They’ll have most of the same events, only presented in a different way…skiing, hockey, racing, snowboarding, and curling.  150 TV hours are planned.  In Sochi, or not, we each have our personal “races” where no medals are given.  Good luck in your event!    ;-)  Jack 

 FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  getting pretty tired of running in circles...====JACK:  I got a new translation of the New Testament recently, called The Message Bible.  I like how the words of Jesus are put (in part) in Matthew 11:20-30....“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  At the moment mine are minor-all electronic.  My computer is very slow and my iphone drops my email even though I put it in the inbox.  I have been spending a lot of time with physical therapists lately since one grandchild has had surgery on a torn  acl and another has an elbow which is out of place.  That is why I have been so slow to respond to your WW which I enjoy each day.====JACK:  One of my favorite Bible books is Ecclesiastes, because it seems to contain much common sense, like..."The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all."  Slow and steady wins the race...or something like that.

No comments: