Thursday, February 06, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 2/6/14
“Correction does much, but encouragement does more.”  (Goethe)  I was surprised to learn that Goethe was home schooled.  Besides being taught the basics, he also learned to appreciate dancing, fencing, good books and puppet shows.  You see—he was more than just an adult philosopher.  Most of us are more than what people see on the outside.  If you were to reveal an “unknown” about yourself, what would that be?    ;-)  Jack

 FROM DOCTOR PAUL:  I have very unusual friends!====JACK:  As I wrote to Judy, LMTA.

 FROM TARMART REV:   . . . no longer, "unknown"!====JACK:  What are the indicators that you are known by the shoppers and employees of Target and Walmart?

 ====REV:   . . . repetitiously being there in the same seat and generally the same time, always greeting the same persons and new ones as well with eye contact, a smile and a greeting that hopefully makes them walk away feeling appreciated for who they are and a desire to renew that same feeling the next time we meet . . . I meet many new friends this way and enjoy their compliments and graciousness towards me as well . . . ====JACK:  Some people might mistake you for the "official" store greeter.

 FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  I like Christmas lights and decorations...I am sure not surprising to you.====JACK:  Your "growing up home" was a standout in the neighborhood at Christmastime.  Even your Christmas tree had to have each light positioned just so.  Did you inherit the meticulous gene?

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Outwardly gregarious, social, upbeat, a "leader"...but really "close" to only family and a few friends....Goethe  is so right, in rearing children, or in the work place, encouragement  works so much better than "correcting". Most of us learn this through experience! :-)====JACK:  Someone I know was talking to a friend about the friend's "gregarious" husband and said, "It must be a barrel of laughs around your house."  She just rolled her eyes.  I'm sure that this doesn't apply to you.

 FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  Few people would know I have generally given up on politics after reaching total apathy for both major parties. Not monitoring politics has given me new life and peace of mind. You can miss FOX News or MSNBC for 6 months turn it on and the narrative is pretty much the same. "Fox: You'll never believe what the Obama Administration has done now, etc.  or MSNBC: Tea Party Extremists block, _______blah, blah, blah…"====JACK:  I didn't know that...but I do know that you are busy with other things, like trying to develop a program that will raise funds for someone in need.

 FROM PH IN MESA:  I am stunning handsome on the inside!====JACK:  Ooh!  I just ate my supper.

 FROM KF IN MICHIGAN:  I am a very tall person on the inside : )====JACK:  No wonder so many people look up to you.

No comments: