Friday, February 14, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 2/14/14
“In love, one and one are one.”  (Jean-Paul Sartre)  The oldest surviving Valentine is from the 15th Century... “Je suis desja d'amour tanné  Ma tres doulce Valentinée...”  It was sent by the Duke of Orleans to his wife, and is probably where the word, lovesick, originated.  Sartre’s words echo the Bible verse, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”  Einstein, who can explain math, asks, “Who can explain love?”  Can you?    ;-)  Jack

  FROM TARMART REV:   . . . more impressed with those attempting to act it out, even though they might not have it down perfectly!! Both the giver and the receiver most generally benefit from it.====JACK:  There were those who thought Cole Porter's song, "Let's Fall in Love," should be banned because of lyrices like this..."   And that's why birds do it, bees do it   Even educated fleas do it   Let's do it, let's fall in love."

 FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN:  I like this a lot!  I saved it and put it in my scrapbook. ====JACK:  My aunt made a scrapbook for me when I was a child.  She also gave me crayons...which I used to scribble on most of the pages.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I have a "thought" by Emily Matthews posted in our bedroom which to me, is an excellent insight into long-lasting love: "When I first said that I loved you, there was no way that I could know            How the feelings that I had back then would deepen and grow---
                    Now I realize how true love builds on all that's gone before,
                    And  I know that with each passing year, I'll love you more and more."
Those of us who have been fortunate to have such a love, are truly blessed! And even after 12 yrs of widowhood, the memories are precious!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I am enjoying a lovely bouquet of pink roses, carnations, and baby asters sent by my family...the love goes on!====JACK:  ...and the beat goes on.  The children learn from watching their parents.











No comments: