Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 8/21/13
“Maybe I wanted to hear it so badly that my ears betrayed my mind in order to secure my heart." (Margaret Cho)  You either like Margaret’s comedy, or you don’t.  I like it…for the most part.  Hers hasn’t been an easy life.  She’s worked hard to become a success.  Could it be that we are like Cho in the ways she mentioned?  We want to hear some good stuff, not just the bad.  Remember this as you talk with others.    ;-)  Jack

  FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  This reminds me of the writing in Proverbs, "the simple believes everything; but the prudent gives thought to his steps" (14:15). This applies to yesterday's WW, as well as everything we "hear"====JACK:  Proverbs is a favorite book of mine, because it reminds me of so many life-situations..

 FROM PL IN MICHIGAN:  Sometimes you amaze me as to what you like. I would not have expected that, Jack.  She can get pretty raw. But you are right. Her perspectives are different.====JACK:  The Bible says that the Lord separates the wheat from the chaff.  I try to do that with Margaret, too.  There's a lot of wheat in her monolog, if you look for it.  It's that way with much of life.

 FROM TARMART REV:  Another good thought to ponder today .====JACK:  I hope that your pondering doesn't become ponderous.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  She's controversial, but so right on this..."Nothing improves our hearing like praise"!  She must not be gay, as she's been married for ten years to Al Ridenauer (sp?), but her material often deals with that situation....as Gloria Steinem observed, "Self-esteem isn't everything; it's just that there's nothing without it!"====JACK:  I try to be controversial by covering my fist with a velvet glove.  Cho just uses her fist.  I guess we each do things in our own way.  That's what makes us individuals.

   FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  love margaret cho.====JACK:  I think that it would be "fun" to have her drop in at your school.  Creative people can adjust their "act" to fit situations.

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  This seems to be a human failing.  It's amazing to hear a story go around about someone or something.  It usually ends up so different.  We hear what we want to hear, don't we? ====JACK:  "She who has ears, let her hear."  Speak a good word to someone today!

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  God works in mysterious ways and sometimes we are challenged.====JACK:  Do you remember the radio show, "I Love A Mystery"?

1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

This reminds me of the writing in Proverbs, "the simple believes everything; but the prudent gives thought to his steps" (14:15). This applies to yesterday's WW, as well as everything we "hear".