Friday, July 12, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 7/12/13
“There are two disappointments in life.  One is not getting what you want.  The other is getting it.”  (Oscar Wilde)  Disappointments?  We all have them.  A job loss, a broken relationship, a health issue…  I like the advice in this old song, “When my chin is on the ground, I pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.”  Life is a series of learning experiences, and there comes a time when we just have to move on.   ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  So true, Jack...still learning!!====JACK:  You're never to old to learn something new.  One of these days I'm going to learn to text.

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  One day at a time is the best way to enjoy each day, don't you think? ====JACK:  That's what I preach.  The hard part is sometimes (not always) practicing what I preach.

 FROM JE IN MICHIGAN:  I hope I have told you how much these inspirations mean to me. They really make me think. My husband had/has pancreatitis and was in the hospital all week; they released him late yesterday. He’s doing OK.  They still have to do more tests. He is receiving good care.  BUT…. This makes me also think of the Frank Sinatra song, “That’s life, that’s what all the people say, flying high in April, knocked down in May ….. I pick myself up and get back in the ring….. that’s life.”====JACK:  I like the advice that Jesus gave in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 6:34):  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  One day at a time.  And remember, God knows, understands and cares.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'M AFRAID I'M A LOT HAPPIER GETTING WHAT I WANT, THAN NOT GETTING!~! THO IF I GAVE IT CAREFUL THOUGHT I COULD PROBABLY THINK OF TIMES I WAS DISAPPOINTED AFTER I GOT WHAT I THOUGHT WAS MY HEART'S DESIRE/.  NOTHING COMES TO MIND AT THE MOMENT....BUT OF COURSE WE ALL DO HAVE DISAPPOINTMENTS FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER!====JACK:  On Thanksgiving Day we give thanks for all that we have.  I think that there should also be a day when we give thanks for the the things we don't have.



No comments: