Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Winning Words 11/28/12
“Any experience can be transformed into something of value.”  (Vash Young)  The saying is often quoted, “If life hands you a lemon, make lemonade.”  I know of many examples where bad experiences have turned out to be good.  Recently, some “bad” situations have been brought to my attention, and I wonder, “How will anything good come from that?”  A Bible verse says, “All things work together for good.”    ;-)  Jack

 FROM FLORIANA NORM:  TRUE JACK.  I'm teaching a course at FAU on how to start a business with NO money:  This is another job I now have that pays 0 money:  It's fun.////FROM JACK:  The King Midas story illustrates the fact that wealth ain't all it's cracked up to be.  To be able to make something from nothing is a very satisfying experience.

 FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  I agree...it seems that my appreciation of food is best understood after I've been hungry, or being in the Light after having been in the dark. It seems that knowing and understanding what is "bad" makes knowing "good" all the more useful. This is why I think Wisdom cannot be had for a song! I've earned every grey hair, and learned from every battle-scar that I can count! Thank God for Mercy!////FROM JACK:  In the movie, "The Blues Brothers," I like that scene where Jake dances and shouts, "Yes, Yes, I have seen the light!"

 FROM BF IN MICHIGAN:  Amen!////FROM JACK:  Yes, even exchanging a handshake for a hug can be a good thing.

 FROM WALMART REV:  "I walked a mile with Pleasure;  She chatted all the way;  But left me none the wiser  For all she had to say.    I walked a mile with Sorrow;  And ne're a word said she;  But, oh! The things I learned from her,  When sorrow walked with me.   (Robert Browning Hamilton)  0;-)////FROM JACK:  There was an old cigarette commercial..."I'd walk a mile for a Camel."  We walk "many miles" through life, and pick up various things of value along the way, if we keep our eyes and ears open.

 FROM YOOPER FLICKA:  SUPER! AMEN!////FROM JACK:  Sometime you have to live through it to appreciate it

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Always do your best and God will do the rest.////FROM JACK:   There's a song: "He'll Take Care of the Rest."
You know it ain't no use, banging your head, up against that cold stone wall,
Cause nobody's perfect, except for the lord, and even the best bound to fall,
Remember he is de vine, and you are de branch,
He'd love to get you through it if you'd give him a chance,
Just keep doing your best,
And pray that it's blessed,
And jesus takes care of the rest.

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Well said and very true!////FROM JACK:  Verily, verily.

 FROM CJL IN OHIO:  works for good BUT only to those who love the Lord.////FROM JACK:  Is "BUT only" in the Bible verse?

1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

I agree...it seems that my appreciation of food is best understood after I've been hungry, or being in the Light after having been in the dark. It seems that knowing and understanding what is "bad" makes knowing "good" all the more useful. This is why I think Wisdom cannot be had for a song! I've earned every grey hair, and learned from every battle-scar that I can count! Thank God for Mercy!