Thursday, August 30, 2012

Winning Words 8/30/12
“Sometimes in life you don’t feel like a winner, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a winner.”  (Lady Gaga)  Stefani Germanotta was born in NYC in 1986.  She was made fun of at school, because she was different.  “I felt like a freak.”  But she had confidence and pursued her interest in music.  Her name, Lady Gaga, comes from the Queen song, “Radio Ga Ga.”  A certain generation doesn’t know Gaga or Queen.      ;-)  Jack

 FROM TRIHARDER IN MICHIGAN:  Born 1986////FROM JACK:  You're right.  She was not born in 1948.  I got her mixed up with Tipper Gore.  Attorneys are so picky, picky.

 FROM GF IN MICHIGAN:  1948????////FROM JACK:  Like with Gaga, people seem to like picking on me.  You're the 2nd one today.

 FROM MP IN MICHIGAN:  It does not change the great point, but according to wikipedia, Lady Gaga was born in 1986.   I know you, of course, could draw all of those screaming fans later in life.   I am one of them.////FROM JACK:  You're the third one to pick on me today!  I didn't know that you were so up on the details of Lady Ga Ga's life.  Of course, paying attention to details is your business.////MP:  She wears a lot of make up and costumes, so even I did not know for sure.   I prefer Loreena McKennitt.  Do you know who she is?////JACK:  Thanks for introducing me to Loreena.  I just listened (on YouTube) to her playing, "The Mummers' Dance."  Great music!  BTW, here's a quote by her that I came across:  “A journey is a never ending road- a discovery that there is so much more to hold us together than to tear us apart. These are the dreams we hold in the palm of our hand.”  Thanks for reminding me that WWs can be an never ending road of discovery.

 FROM EM IN MICHIGAN:  Had no idea she was that old! She looks great for 64! Lady Gaga was born March 28, 1986!////FROM JACK:  Hello #4.  One way to keep track of who's reading WWs is to throw in an error when writing about a Super Star!////EM:  See, people DO read your stuff! lol

 FROM PASTOR BILL:  Great winning words, but lady gaga wasn't born in 1948. Yikes, that would make her 64! She was born in 1986.////FROM JACK:  Now, we're up to FIVE!  I've now found the way to get attention...Mess up once in a while.  "Forgive me, for I have sinned!"

 FROM CZB IN COLORADO:  She was born in 1986- she is definitely not 10 years older than me!  She went back to her stuffy old girls school where she felt like an outcast in a see through lace number just to "show em",  ha!  Quite an interesting character.////FROM JACK:  This is getting to be funny.  Six responses to WWs today, and each has pointed out my fallibility.  Sometimes I don't feel like a winner.////CZB:  You r a total winner. The fact that everyone reads your words so closely should tell you that! ;)////JACK:  There's an old sports quote: "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game."  I play "the game" for fun.  However, when David and I used to play ping pong in the basement, we'd keep a running score on a chalkboard, which still hangs by the table.  Dave 18,198   Dad 18,284. 

 FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  queen band?  queen latifa?  one would mean a large amount of time, one a little shorter, making the generational exposure a little different!////FROM JACK:  FINALLY!  A response from someone who's not pointing out my imperfection!  Although I like Latifa, it's the other Queen that I was referring to.  Does "We are the champions!" give you a clue?

 FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  Winning is certainly defined by the rules of the game one chooses to play. We learn discipline within these games, which is critical when playing the game of life. I admire those who are committed and disciplined to their commitments! FROM JACK:  Gaga wasn't going to let others define her.  She was determined to be her own person.  What is success, really?

 FROM DMF IN MINNESOTA:  I don’t think she is 10 years older than me.////FROM JACK:  In the old days they used to say, "She's well preserved."  But, you're right, you and Gaga are alike (in age).

 FROM CJL IN OHIO:  Or doesn't care...////FROM JACK:  Don't be like "an old poop."  Surely you like Queen's song, "We will, we will rock you!"  BTW, It's not a lullaby.

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  One of my favorites of Queen is "We are the Champions."////FROM JACK:  One of my favorite breakfast cereals is "The Breakfast of Champions."  I remember a time when I was growing up...when a couple of players from the Moline Three-Eye League baseball team sat at a table in the front window of one of the downtown department stores and ate a bowl of Wheaties.  We stood outside and watched.

 FROM JK IN CALIFORNIA:  I think you got her birth year wrong :) Hostage is coming out on National Radio very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super Excited!!////FROM JACK:  Yes, I listed Gaga as older than she is, but I haven't heard from her, yet.  Maybe she doesn't read Winning Words, but she's made a winner of her life.  Good luck on the release of your new song.  When you know the date, I list it in WWs, since so many people pay attention to what I write.  Ha!

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I guess it's not what you LOOK at that matters, it's what you SEE.  She is a young lady who seems to love attention, both bizarre and admiring...depending on what you see.  Remarkable that she was able to come to see herself as a winner, if she was teased and unaccepted in her childhood. It's hard for most of us to feel like winners, when we've had nurturing parents, and our share of admiration and acceptance as young people!  We are our own worst critics, as a rule! We're all winners in God's eyes (Let me tell you about my children and grandchildren...HA!~!)////FROM JACK:  One of my favorite college courses was Abnormal Psychology.  It helped me to understand some of the idiosyncrasies of people.  I guess that we all have them.  "What the world needs now is love, sweet love..(and understanding)".

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  She is still strange but she has her head on straight.  I give her credit! ////FROM JACK:  You caused me to think about the word, STRANGER.  Isn't that someone that we don't much, except wshat we see at first glance?  Children are taught to avoid strangers.  We are all strangers to one another in the beginning.  It Looks as tho you're beginning to know Stefani.
.
 FROM LISA THE BADGER: How interesting! I always enjoy reading and pondering your WW's! I didn't think Lady Gaga was that old? Are you talking about THE Lady Gaga who is all over the pop radio stations these days and wearing all of those crazy outfits? She's seriously almost 70 years old?!////FROM JACK:  If you read the blog you will see that I corrected the mistype.  She was born in 1986.  She had a rough life in the early days.  People sometimes compensate in "different" ways.


1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

Winning is certainly defined by the rules of the game one chooses to play. We learn discipline within these games, which is critical when playing the game of life. I admire those who are committed and disciplined to their commitments!