Monday, January 30, 2012

Winning Words 1/30/12
“May I never miss a sunset or a rainbow because I am looking down.” (Sara Jane Parker) I once read about a man who became very rich by collecting coins that he found as he walked along. He was always looking down. Today, let’s look up and around.. Robert Louis Stevenson wrote: “The world is full of a number of things. I’m sure we should all be happy as kings.” What riches do you see? ;-) Jack

FROM RJP IN NAPLES: The riches in friendships.////FROM JACK: The memories that go along with them are another treasure.

FROM JS IN MICHIGAN: An occasional glance downward helps an old man miss items over which he might trip....a glance upward let's him enjoy the panorama of God's wonderful world....////FROM JACK: It's the same with looking forward all the time. Once in a while it's good to look backward for a reality check.

FROM TG IN MICHIGAN: Really love this one!////FROM JACK: I love a rainbow world.

FROM MK IN MICHIGAN: The ¼ moon and the two star’s around it have been spectacular the last couple nights, I called my Hubby on Friday while completing our errands to tell him to go out and check out the sky. We love the sky at all hours.////FROM JACK: Have you ever heard the song, "Pennies from Heaven?" It was made famous by Bing Crosby (before your time) and composed by Johnny Burke and Arthur Johnston.

Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven
Don'tcha know each cloud contains pennies from heaven?
(You'll find your fortune fallin' all over town)
(Be sure that your umbrella)
Is upside down

Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers
If you want the things you love, you must have showers
(So when you hear it thunder) Don't run under a tree
There'll be pennies from heaven for you and me

(Every time it rains, it rains) Pennies from heaven
(Don'tcha know each cloud contains) Pennies from heaven?
(You'll find you fortune fallin') All over town
(Be sure that your umbrella) Is upside down

Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers
If you want the things you love you must have showers
(So when you hear it thunder) Don't run under a tree
There'll be pennies from heaven for you and for me

FROM RG IN ARIZONA: I think the beauty of Nature has the majesty of God's fingerprint all over it! Whether I am in Michigan amongst the one hundred foot tall White Pines, with the smell of Cedar trees bouncing off the AuSable River, which carries itself across the State like an eternal fountain, or while in the desert of Arizona, witnessing the golden sky as the sun rises from behind the mountains and the rich reds, oranges, purples, and yellows of an evening sky that sets behind another mountain range waiting its turn to add to God's glory, I think these are the things of beauty for certain. These are like the everyday miracles that are indeed reminders that there is truly a beautiful God that lives among us! ////FROM JACK: Is it in the mirror, too?

FROM LG IN MICHIGAN: Good one, Jack! Sometimes when I'm super frustrated, just looking up changes my whole perception... Have a great day!////FROM JACK: That's a good out-look to have.

FROM HF IN NOVA SCOTIA: I try to look at the Horizon and the evening Sky and are blown away by it's Wonders and Magic it holds and thankful to be a little speck in this vast Universe.////FROM JACK: I wish that I could be far enough north to see the Aurora Borealis. Do you see the display from your front yard?

FROM MEDD-O-LANE: The first gift I see is the gift of sight and the second gift is God's gift for us to appreciate the wonders of our being!////FROM JACK: Today I had the 2-year checkup for my knee replacement. I was told to come back in 2015. I wonder what medical advancements will have taken place by then?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Faith, great family and friends, good health,beautiful weather, lots of choices and things to do.////FROM JACK: Ingrid Bergman said, "Happiness is good health and a poor memory."

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: The richest thing you can see is a smiling face that you made happen. ////FROM JACK: "When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: It's a wonderful saying. My family is very used to me calling them to the front or back door to "come and see the sky". We watched for the Northern Lights but our part of Michigan was under cloud cover. Still, the Northern Lights were there and it's easy to imagine their beautiful colors. Keep looking up!////FROM JACK: Ever since I was a little boy, whenever I hear sirens, I rush out to see the fire trucks go by. "Look at the rainbow," is a call that's heard at our house.





2 comments:

Ray Gage said...

I think the beauty of Nature has the majesty of God's fingerprint all over it! Whether I am in Michigan amongst the one hundred foot tall White Pines, with the smell of Cedar trees bouncing off the AuSable River, which carries itself across the State like an eternal fountain, or while in the desert of Arizona, witnessing the golden sky as the sun rises from behind the mountains and the rich reds, oranges, purples, and yellows of an evening sky that sets behind another mountain range waiting its turn to add to God's glory, I think these are the things of beauty for certain. These are like the everyday miracles that are indeed reminders that there is truly a beautiful God that lives among us!

Anonymous said...

I hope I'll always somehow receive a message from somewhere (like today) encouraging me to look farther out, than limiting myself to looking close in, a word/Word from someone/Someone that unsticks me from a narrow view. I've found that expecting that is a real riches for me.
S.H. in MI