Friday, January 20, 2012

Winning Words 1/20/12
“Nothing is permanent in this world—not even trouble.” (Charlie Chaplin) Robert Schuller wrote a book, “Tough Times Never Last. Tough People Do.” I wonder if he’s reading his own writing during these “tough” times in his own life? An airplane pilot recently described to me how, above the clouds, the sun is shining. It’s that way with life, too. “Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue.” ;-) Jack

FROM JS IN MICHIGAN: Does Schuller still live? You don't hear of him....just his family....////FROM JACK: As far as I know, he's still living. His wife is quite ill. It's a sad story. Heraclitus once said: "The road up and the road down are one and the same."

FROM RI IN BOSTON: One more to add to the repertoire...
When skies are cloudy and gray,
They're only gray for a day.
So wrap your troubles in dreams
And dream your troubles away.
The best response is to think positively.////FROM JACK: Sometimes it's easier said than done. But whoever said that life is easy?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: How very true! I remember when Neil went to Bosnia when he was in the army. He was very upset and I reminded him that in one year, he would look back and say how fast it went. He still talks about that...years and years later.////FROM JACK: I just listened to a song written by a reader of WWs. The title is: "Life is pretty awesome when you can see both ends." I think that it's a goos response to what you have written.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: You seem to have second sense about when I need a pep talk. Thanks. ////FROM JACK: I'm convinced that we live in a mystical world. I'm glad, because "I Love a Mystery!"

FROM YOOPER FLICKA: True.....it has been 15 below......you almost forget...but then you go out......ouch !!!! Thankful for a warm garage and CARS that have heaters.....I remember when we a special blanket in the car to use in the winter......but then we didn't do too much traveling.////FROM JACK: We had a heat wave here this morning. It was 6 above zero. Ny first car was a Model A Ford which had a manifold heater that didn't work. Blankets are a necessity. My motor of my current car can be turned on by pushing a button the the key fob. What would grandpa say? Oh, that"s right. I'm grandpa.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY: that and ruby slippers will see anyone through! BTW, have you ever read, "the second greatest story ever told"? the reference to charlie chaplin today makes me think you would like it. it is the story of alona coggswater, god's latest prophet. it's hysterical, sweet, and profound.////FROM JACK: It sounds like an interesting book. Of course, The Wizard is a favorite of mine.


No comments: