Monday, November 21, 2011

Winning Words 11/21/11
“Wise sayings often fall on barren ground, but a kind word is never thrown away.” (Sir Arthur Help) The Parable of the Sower should appeal to those who are in the business of making sales. No call is wasted, because persistent calling results in sales. It’s like sowing seeds. It’s like a person is the habit of speaking kind words. It pays off. My sister’s vanity plate reads…PLS TEN Q. ;-) Jack

FROM RJP IN FLORIDA: Good morning............. And that is why I always have kind words for YOU......... ////FROM JACK: Spoken like a true salesman. Thanks.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: My vanity plates read "VANITY."////FROM JACK: Carly Simon sang about you...."You're so vain!"

FROM IKE AT THE MIC: Sorry..but I need clarification of the meaning ////FROM JACK: Sound it out slowly. Hint: They represent three words.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: How clever! A reminder to mind our manners, with the magic words! Reminds me of a little ditty I saved, called CHARITY: "What is charity? It is silence---when your words would hurt. It is patience---when your neighbor's curt. IT is deafness---when a scandal flows. It is thoughtfulness---for other's woes. It is promptness---when a duty calls, It is courage---when misfortune falls." ////FROM JACK: I think you've got it! Nancy always insisted on the magic words, so much so, that I think someone got her the vanity plate.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: I love your sister's plate. I remember taksamicka= or however it is spelled.////FROM JACK: Tack så mycket. I remember my Uncle John using a phrase, which my sister and I could say, but not understand. She quoted it to a Swede and asked what it meant. He said, "You wouldn't want to know."



No comments: