Monday, January 18, 2010

Winning Words 1/18/10
“It’s a kingly act to assist the fallen.” (Mother Teresa) Whether it’s marching in Alabama, assisting in Haiti, ministering to the dying in Calcutta, building Habitat for Humanity homes, serving in a Detroit soup kitchen, or putting money in a Red Kettle… our help is needed for those who have fallen and aren’t able to get up. ;-) Jack

FROM SL IN MICHIGAN: Amen! Thank you! FROM JACK: I'm always impressed by caring people who see the needs of people and do something to help.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: To help those in need IS kingly, according to Matthew 25:40: "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." FROM JACK: I was thinking of kingly, as in Martin Luther King, Jr. MORE FROM RI: That association is excellent. Actually I thought of that as I was writing "King" in my response. The capital K clued me in to MLK's name. Fine WW today...not just the quote but especially your insights.

FROM MOLINER CF: Pun and all, it's the right thing to do.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Including those at home.. FROM JACK: Yes, it's no laughing matter.

FROM AM IN MICHIGAN: I repeat paraphrasing Mother Theresa that we may not all be able to do great things but we can all do small things well. FROM JACK: Everybody can do something.

No comments: