Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Winning Words 8/4/09
“There are rainy day prayers and sunny day prayers, depending on your needs for that day.” (C.A. remembers that I said this) It may have been one of those comments that just popped into my mind for the occasion. Where do ideas like that come from? I like to think that the Spirit of God works in and through each of us. ;-) Jack

FROM HILLTOPPER JOHN: I'm out in the Berkshires and having a great time with my wife, daughter, son in law and grandson. Hence, I need a Sunny Day Prayer. I sang "Holy Majesty before Thee" for my morning devotions to remind myself that I am not the holy and exalted one. It works....my other source of remaining humble comes from the author of WW.....

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: I could not agree with you more. Anything that I say that is the least bit profound I know I have not thought of myself!

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: This is certainly a comforting quote, it's a solace to know that whatever the day is like, whatever our needs are, it's perfectly OK to pray in whatever mood we are in. I think I can see why C.A. remembered this quote and I bet I will remember it now too. The best thoughts are the simple ones that will "get us through".

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Well put and duly noted

FROM C.A. IN MICHIGAN: AMEN to that ! I knew I remembered that quote.

FROM JACK: A song that I like......
Look for the silver lining
When e'er a cloud appears in the blue.
Remember some where the sun is shining,
And so the right thing to do,
Is make it shine for you.
A heart, full of joy and gladness,
Will always banish sadness and strife.
So always look for the silver lining,
And try to find the sunny side of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is certainly a comforting quote, it's a solace to know that whatever the day is like, whatever our needs are, it's perfectly OK to pray in whatever mood we are in. I think I can see why C.A. remembered this quote and I bet I will remember it now too. The best thoughts are the simple ones that will "get us through".
Thanks.
S.H. in MI