Monday, August 24, 2009

Winning Words 8/24/09
“We are where we are. If we keep moving, we’ll be someplace else.” (Michael J. Fox) This is the answer Mike gave when his kids kept asking, “Are we there yet.” Sometimes we get impatient with the passage of time. Sometimes we might not like the scenery of the present. If we keep moving, time has a way of moving with us. Before you know it, the view will change. Patience is a virtue. ;-) Jack

FROM D.M. IN MICHIGAN: I am convinced that this one is an age thing:-) Thanks so much for so consistently sharing your wisdom. FROM JACK: Yes, I do think that each generation has its own perspective on time and it's own appreciation of scenery...and music, too.

FROM E.M. IN MICHIGAN: I will have to use that one with my kids - I love it! We have Michael J. Fox's book - it's on my "to read" pile. I just have to finish the other 2 books I'm currently reading! This lesson is great for me as well right now. There is so much going on in my life and I just have to realize that moving forward will create change. Thanks for this one.

FROM J.B. IN WISCONSIN: I just read his book Always Looking Up a few days ago, so these words are familiar.

FROM S.G. IN MICHIGAN: I like this one very much. Michael is such an inspirational fellow. So much optimism in the face of his own personal struggles. Thank you FROM JACK: I gained a new appreciation for what those with disabilities have to cope with...and their caregivers, too. I have always been in favor of more stem-call research.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: reminds me of a saying that a dear friend introduced to me years ago. "wherever you go, there you are." he's passed on now. there he is. thanks ron.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: A rolling stone gathers no flys.

No comments: