Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Winning Words 5/26/09
“It’s OK not to like everything that goes on here. If you liked everything, something would be wrong, because we are a real and diverse community. If you like 70% of what’s happening , count yourself blessed.” (A pastor in New York responding to a complaining parishioner) I suppose that can be said about the various places in which we live. Everybody won’t agree on everything, but we can try to learn from one another and make the world a better place for everyone. ;-) Jack

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Looking at it another way, "You can satisfy all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't satisfy all of the people all of the time." JACK'S REPLY: Been there; done that. Even some of those who receive WWs don't like my "liberal" bent. 70% do.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Some people like everything some of the time and all people like some things some of the time, but not all people like all things all of the time. Abe Frieden

FROM CJL IN OHIO: We still have to listen to what is said, evaluate it, and then plan some action. People need to know we're interested and will take seriously what they say. I know a Pastor who said and acted "my way or the highway". That's no way to lead a church....

FROM A.M. IN MICHIGAN: I like this. Makes sense to me.

No comments: