Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Winning Words 4/29/09
“If someone offers you a gift and you decline to accept it, the other person still owns the gift. The same is true of insults and verbal attacks.” (Steve Pavlina) This quote caused me to do a double-take. I hadn’t thought of it that way before. Pavlina is a writer and speaker who helps people motivate themselves to improve their lives. To have the right attitude toward people is part of that process. ;-) Jack

FROM PR J.S. IN MICHIGAN: The gift of Grace is that way. It is offered but we have to be open to receive it. The Universalists miss that understanding of God's graciousness but it is clearly biblical. FROM JACK: Grace seems to be a difficult gift for some to accept...or to offer.

FROM J.N. IN MICHIGAN: Have you noticed how many motivational speakers sound like what Christians can hear from the pulpit most Sundays? This thought first occurred to me at a Staff Development program twenty-five years ago. I didn't hear anything that day from the two speakers that I hadn't heard in a slightly different presentation many Sundays in church. FROM JACK: I always thought of myself as a Sunday motivational speaker.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: While you still own insults and attacks, you've had a chance to share them.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: That's one I'm going to save....on my computer! Thanks!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: "Rings and jewels are not gifts but apologies for gifts. The only true gift is a portion of yourself." Ralph Waldo Emberson

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:
This was a great quote. Just been swamped lately. But I am saving this one.

No comments: