Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Winning Words 4/15/09
“I wish I were a humble puddle that would reflect the sky!” (Dom Helder Camara) This
martyr wrote: A Thousand Reasons For Living. I’m going to use some of his words from time
to time. Think about what he said today and wonder what it is that you (and I) reflect to
those around us. Picturesque, describes this quote for me. ;-) Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I yearn to daily reflect God's great love, kindness, grace and mercy to all who I meet. It's a hard task sometimes, but it's always my goal at the beginning of each day.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: What I like about the idea of being a "humble puddle" is that children like to play around puddles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Pastor Freed, for bringing this man and his wisdom to our attention. Just now read a bit about Dom Helder Camara's life and definitely will read more of what he wrote. As we all, whatever little part of the world we are in, struggle against injustice, we need all the guides we can get. Thanks again!!!