Friday, November 07, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 11/7/08
“Kindness is contagious. Catch it!”
(Seen on a poster) I think I saw this poster in a school. Lessons are taught in many places and in many ways. They’re taught on tee shirts and on bumper stickers. What good teaching lessons have you seen in strange places? I’d like to put them on the blog. ;-) Jack


FROM A.M. IN MI: Here are a few favorite sayings I devised during my walk. I often use them in my talks with those in recovery. I hope you find them useful.
"A life full of exceptions is not truthful. But, a life full of truth is certainly exceptional."
"God doesn’t move at the speed of light. GOD MOVES AT THE SPEED OF LIFE!"


FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Two bumper stickers seen on a car yesterday: Stop the War (and next to it) When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably meant don't kill them."

FROM COPPER COUNTRY PR B.L.: Returning from Antigo on Monday there was this billboard outside of Eagle River which had no advertizing on it:
SINGLE' WHITE BILLBOARD
SEEKING LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP.


FROM MY SON IN MN: Preachers Have Altar Egos.


FROM CJL IN OH: "Christ is the answer. What is the question?"

FROM MOLINER C.F.: I saw a sign once on a street corner that said "STOP". Great advice. Have noticed several since, so somebody else must also think it is a good idea.

FROM M.L. IN IL (A NURSERY SCHOOL TEACHER): when children at school hurt each other in any way, i ask them if that was the kind thing to do. they always respond in the appropriate way-children are compassionate beings. kindness is a diminishing word in our vocabulary. listen to those around you, you'll see. i like exposing the next generation to the word as well as the concept.

FROM L.L. IN MI: I didn't necessarily see this lesson in a strange place, but one of my favorites is: No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

FROM J.B. IN WI: If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!

FROM PR F.M. IN WI: Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet
is fighting some kind of battle.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When it rains it pours." Why this quote seems to speak about life, I don't know but over my lifetime, must have recited it a trillion times. Sometimes people seem to respond like they feel they've been understood. Just went to the kitchen to look at the salt box and, yep, it's still on it.
S.H. Michigan