Friday, November 28, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 11/28/08
“Grace isn’t a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It’s a way to live.”
(Jackie Windspear) I like the word, grace, which means, love received that isn’t deserved. I’m always impressed when I see someone in a restaurant bow their head and offer a table prayer before they eat. So much of what we have is grace stuff. It seems good to stop on occasion and simply say, Thank you.” ;-) Jack


FROM PR P.H. IN MN: i like the acronym God's Riches At Christ's Expense. GRACE hope you had a good thanksgiving.

FROM F.M. IN WI: What a beautiful word!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best Winning Words.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on today's Winning Words. I really like the definition of grace. Remembering that we get so much love which we don't really deserve and also we love others because it's in us to love them, no strings attached, makes for heavenly kind of relationships. I guess often we want to attach a string or think people are loving us because we have given out so much but I think that actually gets more tricky and manipulative of others and maybe even causes wars. These Winning Words are very thought provoking and I'm thankful to have my thinking provoked again today.
Sharon