Friday, November 21, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 11/21/08
“You always pass failure on the way to success.”
(Mickey Rooney) While Mickey Rooney was a successful movie star, he met a lot of failures along the way. In 1970 “an angel appeared to him,” and he turned his life around. Failure doesn’t have to be final. I’ve met a number of people who’ve been able to move on and let the past be the past. Sometimes our failures make us stronger people. ;-) Jack


FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Failures are just bumps in the road....ya just keep going and eventually the road smooths out.

SONG BY FRANK SINATRA:
Now nothing's impossible, I've found for when my chin is on the ground,I pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.Don't lose your confidence if you slip, be grateful for a pleasant trip,And pick yourself up, dust off, start over again.Work like a soul inspired until the battle of the day is won.You may be sick and tired, but you be a man, my son.Will you remember the famous men who have to fall to rise again,So take a deep breath, pick yourself up, start all over again.You gotta work like a soul inspired until the battle of the day is won.You may be sick and tired, but you be a man, my son.Will you remember the famous men who have to fall and then to rise again,So take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.Once again now:Will you remember the famous men who have to fall and then rise again,So take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.That's enough now.


FROM M.T. IN PA: Yes, indeed they can. Stronger, and better.

FROM L.P. IN MI: Ack! I just submitted my dissertation proposal to my committee yesterday. I don't want to think about failure... I've determined success is my only option.

FROM CJL IN OH: I know that, too, but it sure help[s when you move! Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Winning Words have buoyed me up today, Pastor Freed. Sometimes I stop too soon after a failure, rather than going on to experience success in a certain undertaking. Also good Winning Words for the ups and downs of relationships between people. Holding on may many times be the best course. In business dealings with one's customers too. Hope the auto companies with all their employees up and down the line come out of this financial quagmire come out successful far into the future.
Sharon