Monday, November 17, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 11/17/08
“Everyone has a plan until they are hit.”
(Evander Holyfield) Evander started boxing at age 15 and has taken many punches in the ring. He’s also been hit with a divorce, financial setbacks and betrayal by friends. He didn’t plan it that way. It happened. Have you been able to cope with hits that have come your way? Some have told me that they would not have been able to survive except for God’s help. ;-) Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: A lot of our "hits" are self-obtained, as some of his were. However, life does hand us many unplanned detours....as I call them. Those are handled as well as possible...with a lot of prayer and God's Grace and mercy. REPLY: Judy, I notice that YOUR PLAN almost always makes reference to GOD'S PLAN. That's a good way to plan to meet life's challenges. MORE FROM JUDY: I have always admired Holyfeld...I think he is a class act. I am struggling with my role in His plan right now. I am trying, very hard not to let my plans get in the way and I can't tell which are His and which are mine. It's a tough battle...but I am still fighting it. MORE FROM JACK: Fight the good fight with all thy might!Christ is thy strength, and Christ thy right;Lay hold on life, and it shall beThy joy and crown eternally. Run the straight race through God's good grace,Lift up thine eyes, and seek His face;Life with its way before us lies,Christ is the path, and Christ the prize. Cast care aside, lean on thy Guide;His boundless mercy will provide;Trust, and thy trusting soul shall proveChrist is its life, and Christ its love. Faint not nor fear, His arms are near,He changeth not, and thou art dear;Only believe, and thou shalt seeThat Christ is all in all to thee.

FROM B.P. IN FL: AMEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Survival is the operative word...............especially in todays environment.

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Yeah, I'm hangin' in there... faith is a big part of it. And guts.

FROM D.S. IN SAN DIEGO: I hope Obama has God's help because we know he will get "hit" quite often.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Evander always got back up though, didn't he? Interesting that his name is HOLYfield.

FROM MOLINER J.T.: Amen ! To Gods help. How many "Hits" does one have to take? If it wasn't for my Faith, Church and Grace, I wonder how I would have coped.

FROM M.L. IN IL: many hits. god has always been there, with the help of the "earth angels" that have been given to me. coping is simply a way of moving forward with the strength of those around me, those most dear to me. they are all a gift from the creator.

FROM CJL IN OH: yes and yes

No comments: