Friday, November 14, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 11/14/08
“The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.”
(Sent by CWR) An elderly man goes every day to eat breakfast with his wife who is an Alzheimer’s patient in a nursing home. “And you still go every morning, even though she doesn’t know who you are?” This was his reply: “She doesn’t know me, but I still know who she is.” I’m amazed by the people who can make the best of unfortunate situations. Do you know anyone like that? ;-) Jack


FROM S.H. IN MI: Thanks again for your Winning Words. I love to reflect upon them and always seem to find something in daily life that they remind me of. Someday I may not have much of a mind and, hopefully, someone might be visiting me faithfully like the guy with his Alzemheimers wife.

FROM L.K. IN OH: Yet another of the many good ones.

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: yes....I grew up right next to Moline and I made the most of it!!! JACK'S RESPONSE: Yes, the good does rub off, even on a Hilltopper.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: A number of them..in my own family...especially right now. I could make a listl! They are happy and continue to laugh and live with huge burdens. God is good. JACK'S REPLY: Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer. Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.

FROM J.K. IN CA: I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your winning words daily. We are all well in CA. It's supposed to be 90 degrees today and tomorrow. Still like summer out here. I seriously think we will hit the beach this weekend! Happy Thanksgiving a bit earlly. We re going to Wisconsin for Christmas this year! The kids hope to see some serious snow!

FROM CJL IN OH: Several. And it is most helpful & warm!

FROM EMT SINGS IN MI: Did you happen to see the ABC evening news last night (Friday)? The Person of the week was a young man who was born with cerebral palsy.He had several surgeries as a child and was able to walk very awkwardly with a cane. He was unable to participate in sports, but found that he could golf. His goal for this year was to WALK every hole of the major tournaments (I did not get all the facts as I came in at the last) and he was shown completing the last one. It was noted that the distance he had walked since starting this last January was over 900 miles. It was quite a story. I wish I had gotten all the facts. JACK'S RESPONSE: You should be able to see the D. J. Gregory story by using this link. ABC News: Person of the Week: D.J. Gregory Nov 14, 2008 ... Born with cerebral palsy, DJ Gregory was told that he would never walk. Overcoming challenges, Gregory set a goal to walk every round, ...abcnews.go.com/WN/PersonOfWeek/story

FROM M.L. IN IL: countless...i'm fortunate enough to say.

FROM T.C. IN IL: And she still laughs when I tell her the same jokes every day.

No comments: