Thursday, October 09, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/9/08
“Life consists in not holding good cards, but in playing well with those you hold.”
(R.I. in Boston read this in a fortune cookie) My mother was a very good bridge player. Old Maid was my game. In my life I’ve met some people who’ve done an excellent job of living life with a hand of bad cards. They have impressed me. I think of the minister, with no arms, who painted his own house. ;-) Jack

FROM S.H. IN MI: How did he do that, Pastor Freed? This is the question of the day and I hope you will enlighten me regarding this minister's ingenuity. It is truly remarkable!!!!!!!
REPLY: He stood on one foot and held the paint brush with his other foot.

FROM B.G. IN MI: Important WW for today. REPLY: Paul Yedweb, rabbi at Temple Israel in WB, will deliver a Yom Kippur sermon to 5000 members. "How To Increase The Value Of Your Home." He will stress the importance of developing family values and spending less time concentrating on economic values. There was more.....reported in an interview with Paul in this morning's newspaper. Paul is a leader in the Jewish Reorm movement and has rewritten many of the Jewish prayers, using gender inclusive terminology. His work is widely used in Reform synagogues. He is a member of the WB Clergy Assn.

FROM MKH IN MI: Reading medical reports every day makes me acutely aware of my blessing acutely aware and thankful!!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: AND KNOWING WHEN TO FOLD 'EM. REPLY: And when to hold 'em.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: "You gotta ta know when to hold em, when to fold them, when to walk away and know when to run, you never count your money when you're sitting at the table....every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser....." Cards play a big part in our family. Aunt Sauce is a Life Master and pinochle is the favorite game...even the little ones know how to play. But the cards of life have dealt my sister a stacked deck....she has faced so many problems in her life, an unfaithful spouse, divorce, the death of her only son, Lymes Disease which caused a stroke and many other health problem. But she has a great faith and has managed to live a wonderful blessed life. God has helped her through each on-going trial. She has been and will always be one of my heroes!

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: I enjoyed seeing the fortune cookie philosophy in your WW distribution. What I enjoyed more was seeing that you played Old Maid, the only card game that gave me a good time.

No comments: