Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/8/08
“Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.”
(Plautus) Not much is known of this Roman dramatist who lived in the 4th century BCE. I wasn’t even able to find out if he had a friend. I read yesterday of a woman who always did her banking with the same teller. She considered the teller to be her best friend, and the teller didn’t even know it. What are your thoughts on having a friend? ;-) Jack

FROM P.O. IN MI: My friends are my truest riches. Tomorrow I'll be having lunch with a woman I met the first day of kindergarten.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Both of my best friends came from our church. I have a lot of friends, ie.... people who I know I could call on in a moments notice for anything. That's what true friends are. But my bestest friend is my husband.

FROM MOLINER J.T.: I am Blessed to have many friends. Someone whom I can call on at any time for any reason, and they can always call on me.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: That's probably the base thought for "Thank Heaven for good freinds"

FROM C.L. IN MI: I just wish I had more friends like you. Thanks for being YOU.

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: I have a lot of acquaintances....man friends....and people that I love from my toes to the pate of my head....the first are in the "I/It" category and the latter in the I/Thou category....friends are special and in the in-between category. Friends make the world special....Loved ones make it incredible

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: .....I do have one. Thanks for being it.

FROM CJL IN OH: it's a person you can count on even if you don't see them for long periods of time.
It's one you can say what you need/want to say without having to worry.
It's one you know is there. It's necessary when you live alone. It makes you feel complete!

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS: what a sad lady that must have been. I have SO many good friends and I don’t know how one can survive without them. They are there for me to cry with, to laugh with, to bring up stories of Clem—some friends that we had 48 years ago just called and wanted to get together. They are from Iowa City. They were just shocked to hear about Clem. They would have found out with my Christmas letter. I am getting many cards from my Gustie friends as they hear about Clem. They all help me go thru this terrible adjustment without Clem. And so do you!

FROM J.O. IN MI: I cringe when someone says "we treat you like family". I have learned that being treated like family is not always a good thing. I prefer to be treated like a good friend because one can choose his/her friends, while family tends to leverage familial responsibility to your detriment. Is that mean?

No comments: