Monday, October 06, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/6/08
“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.”
(Carl Sandburg) In my mind, I tested out Sandburg’s statement. In my case, it has also been true. Some would call it accidental; others might say that it is because of choices that we have made; and still others see it as the hand of God. I happen to think that it’s a combination of the three. How about you? ;-) Jack



FROM P.O IN MI:Oh yes --- all three!

FROM EMT SINGS IN MI: I think that our choices influence many of the things that happen to us. Several times I have felt that I could not think of anything to do about a situation, and along comes an option that I never would have thought of and it worked. I have credited the hand of God. And the many things that seem to be "coincidence"? As my son tells me "you do not rationalize, you recognize".

FROM MOLINER C.F.: So much for planning ahead. MORE: Serendipity just happens.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I also believe the best things in life happen for a reason....some accidential, some choices and some by the hand of God. The worst things that happen in life prepare you for the things to come. I have also been thinking a lot lately of all the "bad" things; the rough spots in my life so to speak and I have always come out better than I was before they happened. Life is like that though isn't it? The rough times get us ready for the better times and make them sweeter....even at the end of our lives.

FROM PR F.M. IN WI: The best things have come my way in the ways you cite - plus one important one - many of the best things have come my way because of friends and lay people and brother pastors.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me, today's Winning Words also seem true. But the irony is that so many things that have happened in my life seem to have an organization, seem to be existing in a "plan". I like to think they have been happening and will continue happening because they are God's plan. Fortunately God doesn't seem to require me to be smart enough to plan my own life but I have to be smart enough to cooperate. Hope to be able to continue as well as up to now.
Sharon