Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/23/08
“Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed.”
(Robert Schuller) I have an apple seed taped to my computer, along with this saying. It’s a daily reminder of the miracles that are around us all of the time. Perhaps you can think of others and share them. ;-) Jack

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Such a provocative thought...it's no wonder I cannot fully perceive the depth of God's power.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Your computer room must be a fright. You've got more "stuff" posted there than wall space. Too much "stuff" confuses the brain. Pretty soon you will be asking yourself, "Who put this apple seed here? Johnie?"

FROM M.S. IN MI: Could you add a friend of mine, Kim, to your Winning Words list? I have been forwarding to her daily and she loves them as do I. Your winning words are the best possible start to my day.

FROM EMT SINGS IN MI: Have you by any chance read "Three Cups of Tea" or are you familiar with the humanitarian Greg Mortenson? I just finished reading it and am totally capitavated by him and what he has and is doing to "promote peace, one school at a time". He is the son of Lutheran missionaries and from MN. Need I say more?

FROM S.H. IN MI: Our property used to be an apple orchard. My husband has pretty much left them alone, cutting some, but it seems to be the case that new apple trees are growing next to each old trunk.
I'm always fearful that people around us might think we are an eyesore and actually people driving around in landscaping trucks routinely ask us if we need help, but so far so good because my husband seems to be intent on exploring the adventure of seeing what actually nature, God of Creation is doing here if we just pretty leave her/Him alone. Your Winning Words today made me think of our yard here.

FROM PR D.L. IN OREGON: I have this taped to my computer: "HOPE is the ability to look for the Music of the Future:FAITH is the ability to dance to it today". -- from a Bishop in one of our ELCA Pennsylvania synods

No comments: