Thursday, October 02, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/2/08
“We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.”
(Will Rogers) I wonder what Will would say about Congress today? One of our favorite stage musicals was Will Rogers’ Follies, which Mary and I saw in NYC, thanks to David and Sunny. We were younger, then. ;-) Jack

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: I've never heard of WILL ROGERS FOLLIES....it sounds like it would be great. I have always been a great fan of Will Rogers....an authentic American. He could have had a lot of fun at the expense of this Congress and this President.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Seems like they are speeding the age process up with the bail out package. If it were a movie it would be called "Porkies 2" I am hoping the House will again reject this nonsense.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: And the remarkable thing about it is that Congress's slow, deliberate, specific procedure delivers so many bad decisions.

FROM MOLINER G.S.: There are a few things that never change - this is one of them.

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Good morning. Why did Congress wait till this disaster happened before trying to fix it? Those on banking and finance committees should have known better-- Chris Dodd, Barney Frank-- where were these folks??? Not to mention Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Ben Bernanke! I would like to see some resignations, and some investigations.

FROM CJL IN OH: "God gives us memories so that we can have roses in December" Good to always remember!

FROM F.M. IN WI: What an approiapate word for this week - but I feel the aging process won't even stop for congress!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Loved this one! It made me laugh hard! Congress is after all, a committee of people and you know how committees work! Will would have something witty to say about Congress today, I just don't have any idea what it would be!

FROM A.J. IN MI: The one thing that cheers me is that whoever is President, He will not get much done because of Congress.

No comments: