Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/7/08
“Pain is God’s megaphone.”
(C.S. Lewis) Today’s devotional thought says that pain opens the door to a deeper spiritual awareness. When I was 16, I spent some time in the hospital. A regular visitor at that time was my Sunday School teacher. One day he gave me a book of daily religious readings which started me on a spiritual journey. God used the hospital and that man to affect change in my life. It can happen in your life, too. Listen for the voice of God. ;-) Jack

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: .....it does. Thanks.

FROM DAZ IN MICHIGAN: How about trigeminal neuralgia?

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: And prayer is our microphone to God. FOLLOWUP: I wasn’t going to send anything, but it seemed short and was a good juxtaposition for your WW. I love a good juxtaposition early in the morning.

FROM LK. IN OHIO: I like Lewis immensely and have, like you, read most of his writings. This "winning word(s)" is one of the best......I am viewing (again) the movie SHADOWLANDS. Have you seen?

FROM A.W. IN IL: I disagree with this one! I have seen pain become a paralyzing poison.
I have seen pain destroy faith, reason, hope, communication, love, and joy. Pain is not from God in my opinion as it seems so contradictory to God's love.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: I could write a book about "if", If my mother insisted I learn to play the violin, If she hadn't shipped me out on a farm when my Pa went to the Vets hospital, if I could have pursued a career of "song and dance",If I had taken a different service school when in the Army, Jack we could go on all day. But I decided to go in one direction, and give it my all. Irene went with, thank goodness, except she could hav e done well on her own if she would have had backing. Our families cast us adrift early in life, but we made something out of life. But now son Rom has been shipped to Iraq. This is so devistating. Damn,Bush.

1 comment:

daz said...

Trigeminal neuralga was certainly my attention getter. It opened a two wau conversation.