Friday, May 23, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/23/08
“Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.”
(Vince Lombardi) Vince was successful at Green Bay, because he instilled confidence in his players. You can accomplish a lot in this world if you believe in yourself. I like the story of The Little Engine That Could…”I know I can; I know I can.” I remember reading this someplace:
“Success comes in cans; failure comes in can’ts.” ;-) Jack


FROM M.T. IN PA: A double-header today -- and both are winners!

FROM J.L. IN MI: It's easier to boost someone's confidence than to lift their bad mood.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OH: This is the best explanation of Keynesian Economics I have a ever heard. No need to justify Market Power Theory, or explain away why competition and markets ultimately work.

FROM N.L. IN FL: Like it Jack:

FROM K.B. AT M.G.: Confidence..what an interesting attribute--so important, so often misread as "cocky" or arrogant.

FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: "Success comes in cans.." - very clever

FROM NFC IN IL: I recall the little engine as saying, "I THINK I can, I THINK I can...". and then on the other side of the mountain, he said, "I THOUGHT I could, I THOUGHT I could. "Knowing" completes the act, while "thinking" means it's an ongoing until the job is done. Is that my grade-school mentality showing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my concerns is people who get their sense of confidence from robbing others of their confidence, through constant criticizing, denigrating, degrading. This campaign season I'm trying to discern which candidate has the vision and the skills and experience to move this country forward. That said I can't remember a time when Pastor's preaching styles were so much in the forefront--Wright, Haggee and the Gospel messages they deliver and the confidence of their flocks.
Have a blessed Sabbath, Pastor Freed and also Mary.
Peace,
Sharon