Monday, May 19, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/19/08
“The word you will hear most often in heaven is: OH!”
(Attributed to C.S. Lewis) “Oh, now I understand…the meaning of the Trinity…why there seemed to be unfairness on earth…why there were so many religions…why good people had to suffer.” Are there questions bothering you that you would like to have answered? When you get to heaven, be ready to ask for answers, and then be prepared to say, “Oh!” ;-) Jack


FROM L.K. IN OHIO: I think when God fathoms His creation, He says "Oh!" or "Oh,my!"

FROM DR J.H. IN OHIO: Yes, and I understand that frequently the "OH" is stated as "O-H", and is immediately followed by an "I-O" ;-) YEP, the Buckeye chant is alive and well in HEAVEN too!
Sorry.. to hard to resist ;-)


FROM PR B.M. IN MICHIGAN: I see you used my sermon illustration from CS Lewis!

FROM J.N. IN MICHIGAN: My husband "pretended" to have a "little black book" in which he said he was writing his questions for God. I'm sure he was glad to get the answers that he wanted when he died in 2001. I'm also sure he's still distressed and wandering Heaven looking for the TV remote that I neglected to put in his casket. Thanks to you for your Winning Words. It was good to see you at the Assembly, and most touching to stand with 17 others to be acknowledged as Good Samaritan. It was a difficult two years in the birthing, but we are moving forward, with the help of God and the prayers and support of many.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN; Oh, that's so true! I have a lot of questions...but I really can't wait to "see" my friends and family again! It will be amazing! Oh so amazing!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: First, ya gotta get to heaven.

JACK'S RESPONSE: I got shoes you got shoes all God's children got shoes When I get to heaven gonna put on my shoes I'm gonna walk all over God's heaven heaven Everybody talkin' bout heaven ain't goin' there heaven heaven Gonna walk all over God's heaven I got a robe, you got a robe all God's children got a robeWhen I get to heaven gonna put on my robeI'm gonna shout all over God's heaven heaven Everybody talkin' bout heaven ain't goin' there heaven heaven Gonna shout all over God's heaven I got a harp, you got a harp all of God's children got a harp. Oh GloryWhen I get to heaven gonna play on my harpI'm gonna play all over God's heaven heaven Everybody talkin' bout heaven ain't goin' there heaven heaven Gonna play all over God's heaven I got wings, you get wings, all got children got wings, when I get to heaven gonna put on my wings I'm gonna fly! FLY! Everybody talkin' bout heaven ain't going there heaven, heaven, going to fly all over, going to shout all over going play all over gonna walk all over god's heaven

FROM J.T. IN MICHIGAN: I think we all have things we want to ask God about. It is faith that enables us to know we have to wait until then for the answers.

FROM MOLINER J.T.: Very timely. We've had 7 funerals in the past 10 days. Oh ! I guesss at this age, it's to be expected.

FROM MOLINER EFP: I experience little "Oh!" moments every so often. They come out of nowhere. Oh, by the way, I think you're right...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, why am I now spending so much money on books then? Maybe it's because I have a fear I won't get to heaven to hear the answers. Maybe it's because God created us with the itch to try to understand the mysterious and unknown here on earth.
Oh what a beautiful morning.
Peace,
Sharon