Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 11/7/07
“Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes along.”
(Samuel Butler) I smiled as I imagined playing the violin in public. Then I remembered the point of the quote, and I smiled again. Yes, we learn as we move along through the years, don’t we? I recall reading of someone with this on a lapel button:: PBPGINFWMY. What was it supposed to mean? Please be patient; God is not finished with me yet.. ;-) Jack

FROM REV. J.S. IN MICHIGAN: My favorite Jr. Choir anthem that Mary Lou's kids used to sing was "Kids Under Construction"....if we remain "kids", we can always be under construction. The alterntive is "destruction."

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: I can relate. I just started my 8th year playing the piano.

FROM MOLINER, LFP: I actually cringed as I read that quote... I'm reading Joel Osteen's new book. He, as you, reminds us that we all are God's work in process, throughout our lives. Many thanks for your daily words of wisdom. They're a good way to start the day!

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: I didn't even like playing the violin in private.

FROM D.S. IN CALIFORNIA: I love that label "PBPGINFWMY". I think of that often as to "why" I am still "here".

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I am going to send this to Lori because she re-learned the violin, which she hadn't played since High School for the 60th Anniversary! Bob Bomier played the drums with us, and a bunch of members volunteered to play so we had an orchestra! What a wonderful gift! I remember that saying well! It brings a big smile to me also!

No comments: