Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 11/27/07
“It’s niver too late to turn over a new leaf, and if you’ve niver had no church, there’s no telling the good it’ll do you.”
(Dolly in Silas Marner by George Eliot) For some reason, I happened to think back to reading this in 9th Grade. The mind saves lots of stuff in nooks and crannies. It’s great to rediscover some of them, isn’t it? ;-) Jack


FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: It is just amazing what those nooks and crannies can release back into the active conscousness. My wife chides me for remembering so much of the past. So is the past good?, bad, of value? I guess we'll continue to strive forward. I just wish we could still dance.

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: Yes, that is fun. It's also really fun to wait and see what going to pop out of your mind...you've got alot of winning words saved up ! I have to go now and look for some new leaves that need turning

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: "Amen" to Dolly, and "Amen" to Jack.

FROM J.T. IN MICHIGAN: Wow! I'm impressed. I know I read Silas Marner back then too, but I don't remember anything about it. I guess I'll have to add it to my list of "rereads".

FROM P.H. IN MINNESOTA: Didn't Eve tell Adam that is was never too late to turn over a new leaf?

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: One of the classics! I read it too...along with all Shakespeare, Hemingway, Greek and Roman Mythology, O'Hare, Poe and Sherlock Holmes books and stories. Emily Dickenson, Frost, and Edgar Guest are some of my favorites. And, it's niver too late to start anew! God's blessings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never read it...but I've put it on my list of books to read!