Thursday, July 05, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 7/5/07
“I’ve never considered myself a happy woman. How could I with all that’s happened to me? But I’m a cheerful woman.”
(Beverly Sills) This opera star, who died on Monday, was known for her infectious laughter. Life was not always good for her, but she remained cheerful. How was she able to do that? Do you have the answer? Incidentally, from the time she was a baby, she was known as Bubbles. It fit! ;-) Jack

FROM L.K. VISITING IN MICHIGAN: She, like Mary Ann, was a non-smoker with inoperable lung cancer. God has graced us with MA's progress. Beverly died within weeks of diagnosis.

FROM L.S. IN MICHIGAN: Very talented lady, she was a little before my time, but I heard her on T.V. when Ma and Dad were watching. I dont know about her personal life but she did seem cheerful during her interviews that I heard!

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Hi, we are so fortunate to have known this lady. We need to thank her parents and her grandparents and the Russians for chasing them out of Europe. It is interesting how some good comes out of evil.

MORE FROM B.S.: I thank the Good Lord for producing bright people, especially those who share their brilliance with us. I include Mz "Bubbles", Beverly Sills. Were you aware she was of the Jewish faith? I hate to say it, but if the dumb Russians hadn't been so hard on the Jews, we would never have so much lovely music today. we are so fortunate in some ways, and cursed in others.

HUMOR FROM B.S.: Q. Which Bible character had no parents?> > > A. Joshua, son of Nun.> > >
> > > Q. Why didn't they play cards on the Ark?
> > > A. Because Noah was standing on the deck.> > >
> > > PS... Did you know it's a sin for a woman to make coffee?
> > > Yup, it's in the Bible. It says . . . "He-brews"

No comments: