Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 7/18/07
“God made Truth with many doors to welcome every believer who knocks on them.”
(Gibran) I’m going to have to parse this one. I once had a chance to visit the Baha’i Temple in Wilmette, Illinois (near Chicago). The Temple has nine entrances to welcome people of various faiths. I can’t remember which door I used, but I was welcomed. Truth is an interesting word, isn’t it?. ;-) Jack
This is the last of Winning Words until July 30. Vacation.time.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Do you think you have to knock first to get to God and Truth? Interesting!?!?!?! I read an interesting quote today....from a Sister Susan from a Women's Retreat....."Oh God, help me to believe the truth about myself no matter how beautiful it is."

FROM LIZ: Good morning. That is such a beautiful temple looming above the North Shore. It calls out to you! I never knew about the nine doors, but think it would be nice if all faiths were as accepting of each other. Thanks for all the inspiration and cool thoughts!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i love gibran. i had the great gift of visiting his village and grave when i was a teenager exchange-studenting in lebanon. the three books that i took from home were "the little prince", "the bible", and "the prophet". this trilogy is still key to my spiritual well being.
as far as the baha'i, i have a friend who flew me over in a little piper cub last week. what a beautiful sight!

No comments: